Chapter 1

"Did you ever think that maybe just maybe I'm tired of living here and fucking dealing with your bullshit", I scream down the staircase, slamming the bedroom door behind me. As the bedroom door and the doorframe crash together, an explosive crackle rattles my eardrums. I slowly turn around to see a large crack slithering its way up the bedroom door reaching out for the rusty hinges. The crack revealing that the now white door had once been deep milk chocolate brown before being painted white.

            "Shit" I moan, letting out a deep sigh as I collapse onto the twin-sized mattress the mattress was given to me when I had first arrived here four years ago.
            As my body makes contact with the mattress, the springs let out an ear-piercing squeal. I toss around a few times trying to get comfortable on the worn-down springs. My 18th birthday was just 2 months away and I could not wait to be old enough to leave this place.

            Once I turned 18, I would be an adult and the courts would no longer have to consider me "collateral damage" from my parents' death and I would no longer be a liability to the state. They had attempted to place me in 37 foster homes from the time that I was 6 up till I was 14. The courts chose to give up on me when the last family that took me in chose to return me. After that, the courts decided that I was costing them more money and time than it was worth and dropped me off here at 'The MckNelsons Christian House'.

            ... It hurt knowing that not even one of those 37 families wanted to take me in and make me a part of their family. I really wasn't what you'd consider a bad egg. I do exceptionally well in school, play softball, have a job, am popular, I have never gotten drunk, did drugs, or so much as had a boyfriend.

            But every time I got even a little hopeful and thought that maybe I had finally found my forever family, they would return me, pack me up, and bring me back to the state office and leave me there as if I was some pet that they decided they could no longer care for, so the state sent me here. To hell.

            You may get the impression that I'm some 'I don't give a Fuck, fuck you' rebellious teenager, but that is not the case. I'm a really good kid honestly, but for some unknown reason, anytime Robert is around, something inside of me lights on fire and I lose all my senses and become blinded by rage. He makes my blood boil, my skin crawl, and the hairs on the back of my neck become erect.

            Robert is an older man in his early 60's but he looks much older. He has only a few patches of hair on the back of his bald head and has deep wrinkles that sprouted out along the outer corners of his eyes and reach out around his face with deep wrinkles in his forehead. Even though I had a deep hatred for Robert, and he brought out the worst in me, I was the exact opposite with his wife. She is only 4 years younger than her husband but doesn't look any older than maybe her late 30's. She has deep hazelnut brown hair that flowed in beautiful beach waves and is a little longer then shoulder length. You could barely notice the gray hair sprouting from her scalp, burring itself alongside her hazelnut hair. She has a few forehead wrinkles that caressed her fair skin, she was definitely too good for Robert.

            My body finally gave into the exhaustion that was clinging to me, it felt like I was only asleep for a few minutes before I felt myself being pulled to the surface, my ears began to clear as the sound of ringing filled the air, and sunlight pooled into the bedroom window, settling on my face.
            That's odd. I don't remember falling asleep. I pull my eyelids open, throw myself out of bed, and proceed to get ready for school. I put on a pair of black athletic shorts, a deep military green T-shirt with my white tennis shoes, finishing the look by throwing my hair up into a messy bun before running out the front door.

            I am immediately greeted by the warm sun beaming down on me. I go to take a deep breath, the wind picking up filling my lungs with delicious fall air. I could feel my lungs expanding and deflating as I let a deep breath out, the whole experience was pure ecstasy, and reminded me of the last fall I got to experience with my parents before they passed away.

            Tears spring to my eyes before I pushed the memory to the back of my mind and started to walk to school. I prefer to walk to school vs. taking the bus, the walk to school gave me the opportunity to have a few moments to myself before and after school, it also gave me an opportunity to run. Running is very much like therapy to me, the sound of my shoes pounding on the pavement, the air pushing against my face, the sting in my lung when I push myself farther or harder than the day before. I love it.

            Nicks POV

            "Bro come on Ryan", I holler from the front door. Ryan was taking his sweet ass time getting ready for his first day of freshman year.

            "Nick chill out , I have to look my best for the ladies" Ryan sang, emerging from his room and winking at me. This boy was something else. All summer all he would go on about was "pulling bitches". Ryan was the farthest thing from a player, so every time he mentioned it I would silently roll my eyes at the statement. I knew that the moment a girl showed any interest in Ryan, he was going to be putty in her hands. I have done my best to ensure Ryan respects women and knows how to place boundaries. However, this was one of those life lessons he was going to have to learn on his own.

            I am the oldest of my mom's 4 children; Elizabeth or Lizzy, as we called her was 2nd, Johnathan was 3rd, and Ryan was last. My father stepped out of our lives when I was 9, being the oldest boy made me the father figure to my younger siblings. My mom did a great job raising us but by the time I turned 13 I could see the toll raising 4 kids alone was causing her, so when Antwon gave me an opportunity to start working for him I took it. When mom found out she was rightfully pissed, however there was nothing she could do once you're in with Antwon the only way out is to be jumped out. When I turned 16 I became one of Antwon's lead men for running product and I was able to move my mother and siblings out of the East side, buy my mother a new car, and give her what she needed to start up her own business.

            Once Ryan was ready we all loaded up into my GMC Denali and headed to school. I pull into the parking lot finding James, Layla, and Lexi leaning up against James's car waiting for me. I glance over at Lexi who was staring back at me, Damn, Lexi looked good, Lexi and I have fucked around a few times but today something about her was different. She was radiating and based on the way she kept staring at me told me she was thinking the same thing I was.

            I raised my eyebrows at her nodding my head towards the gym. She strutted over to me lacing her arm around my bicep, dismissing ourselves we headed towards the gym.

            I have about 30-35 minutes before I need to get to class and I could not be late again. I have big plans for my future and being a drug dealer for the rest of my life is not in the plan.

            I push the gym door open glancing around the big empty space, Lexi walks in front of me flipping her hair over her shoulder and winking at me as she heads into the bathroom. I stepped into the bathroom and find Lexi bent over the bathroom sink reapplying something to her lips. I scan my eyes up her legs, her dress is raised, giving me full view of her ass bent over, the imprint of her sex covered by her black lace panties.

      I pull my eyes away from her body and look in the mirror to find her eyes staring into mine swimming with lust, a grin pulling at the corners of her mouth.

      Fuck. I walk over to the sink pressing my shaft against her ass the warmth of her sex causing my dick to pulse. I run my hands through her black hair before wrapping it in my fingers and grasping it in my hand. Pulling her head back gently fully exposing her neck to the side, a moan escaping her lips as I place my mouth against her collar bone. She presses her ass further into me bedding my dick further in her warmth. I slide my hand under her dress running my fingers down her spin leaving behind a trail of goose bumps before sliding my hand down her stomach stopping just at her panty line. She arches her back pressing herself further into me, her silent plea for me to continue. I push my fingers under the fabric, her warmth saturating the lace material. I circle her clit with my finger slowly building speed listening to the sound of her panting as I hear her nearing her climax. I slowly slide the tip my erection into her warmth, the sound of our moans filling the air.

            Kaylas Pov

            Once I start running, I can't bring myself to stop till I hit the school grounds.

            I don't have a 1st period, so I spend the morning practicing softball and stretching, being a senior, and getting all my stuff out of the way my freshman year has it's perks like a free first period.

            I started walking towards the gym next to the softball field to change my clothes while I wait for Madison. Madison and I meet at the gym in the morning so we can practice softball together. I didn't see her car in the parking lot, so I head into the gym to get dressed and freshen up while I wait for her. I change out of my clothes for a different pair of black gym shorts and a Guns and Roses crop top, as I throw my hair into a high ponytail, I hear moaning coming from the men's locker room. "You have to be kidding me", are they seriously having sex in the men's locker room? How classy. I finish getting ready, grabbing my phone and water bottle before pushing the locker room door open.

            "Shit, watch where you are going" I hear a man's voice say as I feel mine and his body collide.

            "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-" I say lifting my head to look at who I had just run into. I was much shorter than him, so my line of sight is about level with his chest. I tilt my chin up to look him in the eyes. I can see the outline of his muscular chest under his shirt. My eyes continuing to search his body and face till my eyes meet with some beautiful green eyes and dark blonde hair that framed his tan-chiseled face. This man was gorgeous. I take a step back, I realizing it's Nick. "Fuck", I sigh.

            "I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going when I was walking out of the locker room", I say, looking for the closet exit so I could make a run for it. My eyes find the bright red EXIT sign above the door. YES! I step to my left to walk away when Nick follows my movements and blocks my way.

            I look back up at him " Whoaaa hold on, you're that softball star aren't you?"

            HA as if he doesn't remember me we have gone to school together for years and were friends-

            "It's Kayla, right?" Nick said with a grin on his face interrupting my train of thought.

            " Hey Nick, if you don't mind, I'm trying to head out-"

            "Nick baby, hold on!!" an ear-piercing screech floods my ears as the men's locker room door flighs open. A taller girl with dark black hair, big blue eyes, and a thin figure stalks towards us.

            "God no" I hear Nick mumble under his breath.

            This must be the girl he had just finished having sex with in the bathroom. She looks good for a girl who just got her shit wrecked. "Nickie let's go back to my place baby," she says slithering her way between me and Nick, making herself comfortable under his arm.

            Nick glances my way causing the girl to look at me as if she was just now seeing me. She throws a nasty look my way. She opens her mouth as if she is going to say something to me when Nick interrupts her.

            " Listen, Lexi, we've been over this before. I am not interested in pursuing a relationship with you. This" he says pointing at her and the bathroom door, "is all this will ever be. I told you this before we even started doing this and you were okay with that."

            I take my chance to leave. Slipping off to the right of them walking quickly towards the exit.

            "Ugghhh" I hear Lexi shriek, followed by the sound of the gym door slamming.

            Poor Girl, I put my hand out to grab the gym door when I feel someone grab my arm and guiding me to turn back around, where I am once again met with piercing green eyes.

            "Hey Kayla, I wanted to say no hard feeling for basically throwing yourself at me a minute ago."

            Was he serious right now?

            "Excuse me? Throwing myself at you? I opened the locker room door and you just happened to be in my way. So, if you don't mind I was on my way out," I say turning away from him. But he doesn't let go of my arm. Instead, he pulls me closer toward him.

            "Well then, I'm sorry for being in your way." He says, locking his gaze with mine. His green eyes search my face as he gently licks his lips and his gaze lands on my lips. I could feel my insides begin to stir as a deep warmth started to across my stomach. Nick's gaze moves from my lips back up to my eyes as I see something flash in his eyes Lust? He slides his hand up my arm cupping my face inside his hand. I could feel the heat from stomach reach up to my face and I was positive my face was beet red. I could feel myself inching my face closer to his as I stared into his eyes, my eyes wonder down to his lips. I close my eyes when the sound of Lexis moaning from earlier floods my ears bringing me back to the present.

            He had just got done fucking her in the locker room not even 15 feet away, was I really going to be another tally mark under his man whore belt? Without wasting another second on him, I slapped his hand away from my face and waltz out the door.

            NICKS POV

            "Listen, Lexi, we've been over this before. I am not interested in pursuing a relationship with you. This" I say as I pointed to the men's locker room where we had just finished having sex "this is all we will ever be, I told you this before we even started doing "this" and you were okay with that." Normally I don't do private talk in front of people but I couldn't have Kayla thinking me and Lexi were a thing.

            Lexi looks up at me, her blue eyes red with rage, stomping her foot, as she heads towards the exit at the other side of the gym.

            "Uggghhh" she huffs as she exits the gym.

            I sigh running my hands over my face. I was going to have to cut her off she just wasn't getting it. I look down expecting to see those mirror eyes staring back at me, but they aren't there. I turn around to see her a few feet away from the exit.
            I sprint towards her and lightly grab her arm, turning her towards me, she lifts her eyes to meet mine, and once again I am greeted by the grayest eyes I'd ever seen, they were gorgeous. My stomach drops as our skin makes contact.

            "Hey Kayla, I want to say no hard feeling for throwing yourself at me a minute ago," I say trying to get her to stay with me for just a minute longer.

            "Excuse me" she snaps, oh so she can get a little feisty.
            "Throwing myself at you? I opened the locker room door and you just happened to be in my way. So, if you don't mind I was on my way out." She turns to leave again, but instead of letting go of her arm, I hold on to her arm and spin her back to face me, bringing her in closer to me.

            "Well I'm sorry for being in your way" I barely whispered, looking at her directly in the eyes, those mesmerizing deep beautiful eyes, realizing she hasn't tried pulling away from me again. I search her face for any signs of her being uncomfortable and my gaze lands on her lips. I've never realized how plump, pink, and luscious her lips are.

            Fuck, my dick was starting to pulse, without even touching me or saying a single word. This girl was making me harder than a steel rod. I shoot my eyes back up at hers, she's looking down at my lips. I lick my lips, and her eyes meet mine. I slide my hand up her arm and cup her face in the palm of my hand. Her skin is so soft against the palm of my hand, her cheeks turning a deep crimson red as I stroke her cheek with my thumb.

            Staring deep into her eyes I feel her inching towards me and her eyes flash down at my lips. Then out of nowhere she slaps my hand away from her face, spins on her heel, and walks right out the door.
            What the fuck was that and why do I have a major fucking boner right now?

            Not sure how I did it, but I made it into the first period just as the bell rings, I take my seat as quickly as possible knowing damn well my dick was still leaving an imprint in my pants. James and I share a first period and naturally, he came waltzing in shortly after the bell and plops down right beside me. James and I have known each other since we were about 3 years old. We grew up down the street from each other and ended up joining the same gang at the same time. We grew up in similar situations our dads both left us and we were raised by single moms.

            " I saw Lexi leaving the gym fuming a few minutes ago. You finally drop the crazy bitch?"

            "She knew what this was before it even started, so I don't even get what she is so pissed off about."

            "I also saw Kayla walk out of the gym shortly after Lexi. Want to explain that?" He grins.

            Fuck.