23.

TO say Elexia was confused about her role in all of this would be an understatement. What was a pregnant human girl to do in a vampire fight?

Emmett lifted her out of the car and shared a single look with Alice before nodding and lifting Elexia into his arms.

"What's going on?" Elexia whispered to her best friend, utterly bewildered at what was planned next for her.

"I'm taking you somewhere safer, Lex," Emmett looked down at her briefly. "You couldn't have seriously thought we were going to take you into the building the hunter is in while we take care of him."

Elexia just gulped and closed her eyes. Emmett wasn't looking for a response out of her, she could tell by his tone of voice. The next thing she felt was Emmett vampire-running through blocks, and all she could do was lean closer into his body, tucking her head into the crook of his neck.

She didn't know if he ran for two seconds or two hours, but when he stopped and placed her down, her feet landed on a soft surface. She opened her eyes to see a maroon rug underneath her shoes. Elexia lifted her head to see Emmett gently pulling her to a front desk. They looked to be in a motel.

It was incredibly quiet. The faint smell of a vanilla candle filled the blonde's nose. The front desk they stopped in front of was a mahogany color and the man sitting there looked to be in his mid-twenties. He was blond, and when he looked up, Elexia saw he had blue eyes a bit darker than her's. His name tag read Jayden. She wondered briefly what a young guy was doing at a calm job like this.

A gentle smile took its place on his lips. "What can I do for you two tonight?"

"There should be a room for Cullen already booked." Emmett's gruff voice spoke. Elexia had never heard him so serious. It made her upset.

Jayden's lips formed an 'o' as he nodded. Reaching into a drawer behind him, he handed Emmett a little white card.

"Here is your key. The room is ready now, sir."

"Thanks." Emmett murmured, gently taking Elexia's wrist into his hand again.

They walked down the hall and turned left before the burly vampire stopped in front of a white door that had '625' plastered on the front of it.

He swiped the white card over the scanner above the doorknob, and turned to Elexia as he pushed open the door with one hand. She walked in wordlessly, simply nodding at her friend.

She was about to open her mouth to say something to Emmett when all of the words in her brain got stuck in her throat before they could come out.

On the queen-sized bed in the middle of the medium-sized room was a sight Elexia had craved to see for days. She didn't even get a chance to look around at the room before her feet began moving.

A small smile adorned Rosalie's face as Elexia rushed to the bed to pull her girlfriend into a hug. It barely took a second for a tear to slip out of her eye.

"What are you doing here?" Elexia asked, surprise in her tone.

"Well, originally, Emmett was supposed to stay in here with you, but I volunteered myself instead," Rosalie smiled, pecking Elexia on the lips after she finished speaking.

Elexia turned to the doorway where she left Emmett to see no one there. She figured he must've went to go help the rest of his family.

"Wait, what about Charlie and my dad? How can Esme watch them both?"

Rosalie stroked Elexia's cheek to calm her down. "Charlie invited Austin over to watch a hockey game. They're together so that Esme can watch them both for tonight. Alice saw Austin falling asleep after the game, and Charlie felt too bad waking him up so he lets him spend the night."

The blue-eyed girl sighed in relief. "That's good."

Rosalie's relaxed expression became pained as she directed her dark eyes to Elexia's stomach.

"How is it possible that in the few days we have been apart, your belly has grown even more?" she sighed sadly. "I don't ever want to be away from you two ever again."

Elexia smiled at the fact that Rosalie said 'you two', as in her and Gaia.

"I'm twenty-seven weeks in two days."

"It's really flying by." Rosalie smiled as she placed her hand gently on Elexia's stomach.

"She kicks a lot now." Elexia bit her lip to hold back her wide grin as she felt another kick land right where Rosalie's hand currently was. "I'm so happy knowing that even though her body's growth is slow, her brain and heart are perfectly fine, as far as I can tell. She's so active in there. Jasper says she has emotions already as well, which I found so amazing. Apparently, whatever I'm feeling, she feels too. I guess she's overjoyed right now."

"As soon as we get back home, we're going to the doctor to make sure her growth hasn't slowed even more. I already have an appointment for you."

"Thank you." Elexia spoke softly.

"Anything for my girls."

After a few minutes of silence, Elexia moved up on the bed so she was laying next to Rosalie, and leaned into her cold body, the temperature no longer bothering her like it did in the beginning. Rosalie pulled the blanket over them nonetheless.

"I wonder what's going on with the hunter now." Elexia murmured out.

Rosalie shrugged. "We will know shortly, I suppose. Just relax for now, Lexi. You're safe; Gaia is safe."

It didn't take long for Elexia to slip into a slumber, exhausted completely from the last couple of days. She had slept, of course, the past few days, but they were not true, restful sleeps. Having Rosalie with her was enough for her brain to finally get deep sleep. The last thing she felt before everything went fuzzy was Rosalie lips on her forehead and a soft nudge from the baby in her belly.

HI extremely short one just to get something posted. just wanted to have one cute little chapter in here because i hated having rose and lex separated. i apologize for my disappearance and im sorry that i came back with something so short ily guys i swear lol

as im sure you all know, there isn't much more to twilight after this. there will be one more [short] chapter in this book, and then the epilogue (which im so excited for!!) and then is book #2 time