"Now it's time for her to say goodbye to this world," Arpitha smiled wickedly, taking out a gun she hid in her clothes.

.....................................................................................................

"Abhi...Are you alright?" Naomi asked with concern as she saw Abhiram coming back to consciousness.

"Yeah...I-I'm ok ..where's Bhai...I have to stop him before it's too late," he got up, clutching his forehead in pain.

Abhi... Bhai has fallen in love with Mili. He said he wants to take her away from here, and he will not let anyone stop him," Naomi explained.

"He is crazy...I will not let any harm come to Mili or the baby now...I have to stop him, "Abhiram walked towards the door.

"Abhi...you know how dangerous Bhai is...I don't want you to take any risk," Naomi said hesitantly.

"You are so selfish, Naomi...I helped Bhai only because our sister was in pain, but now I realize how cruel we all have been. An innocent girl lost her life because of Arpitha's madness...She manipulated Bhai and is still doing the same. I will make sure Mili and her child are safe even if it costs my life," he said determinedly and turned towards the study door to see Aagney, Milind, Gautam, and Anirudh glaring at him.

"Where is my Mithu?"Aagney roared at Abhiram.

"Aagney...come with me...I will not let my brother take her away from you...it's my promise, "Abhi begged.

"Who killed my sister?"Aagney glared at Abhi.

"A-Aagney...please

"Tell me, Abhi...Are Akshath and Arpitha involved in Avni's murder?"Gautham questioned.

"Y-Yes, "Abhi stuttered.

"You bastard...you knew this the whole time, didn't you..., and how dare you come in front of me asking to help your murderer sister," Aagney punched Abhi in his face.

"Aagney...please listen to me ...you can punch me hit me, or even murder me...but now is not the time...we need to stop Bhai from taking Mili away, "Abhi said impatiently.

"Trust me on this, Abhiram...I'm going to bloody murder that son of a bitch brother of yours once I see him, "Aagney growled.

"As per my sources, Mili and my brother are still here...Let's go before it's too late," Abhi urged, starting to run towards the stairs to the room where his brother had kept Mili captive while the others followed him.

Halfway through the stairs, they froze in their spot, hearing a gunshot followed by a loud shriek.

"Mithu..."Aagney screamed as he ran past the others towards the room from where he heard the gunshot. He ran inside, trembling in fear, only to see the love of his life lying on the floor, soaked in blood.

...............................................................................................................

Akshath's POV

After knocking out Abhi, I instructed my men to arrange my flight to leave this country with Mili. I had some strange feeling that something terrible was going to happen...I convinced myself that it was due to fear that Aagney would come to take my Mili away from me. Earlier I was not interested in her, but now I want her in my life...without her, my life would be meaningless...I was becoming like Arpitha...obsessed with love...but I couldn't help myself...Now the damage has been done...I sighed, thinking of my plight.

I fumbled with my mobile and saw a voice message from Abhi that was sent before our conversation in the study. I opened it and played it. Blood drained from my face hearing the recording, and I couldn't believe it. Tears clouded my eyes in regret. How could I be so blind and get manipulated easily?

I fisted my hair in frustration when the head of security walked in.

"Sir...the chopper is ready. And Ms.Khanna is here. She wanted to see you," he informed me.

"What? Where is she?"I asked in worry.

"She went upstairs to see Ms.Mythili," he told me.

"No..." I pushed him aside and ran upstairs to Mili's room. It was locked from the inside, to my shock.

I could hear voices from inside and knew my sister was threatening Mili. Luckily I had spare keys, and I opened them to see my sister kicking Mili on her stomach like a mad woman.

Arpitha...what have you done?"I yelled, looking at her in anger.

"Brother...see; finally, this bitch, and her trash is out of me and my Aagney's life," Arpitha said, laughing madly, looking at Mili's condition.

"Now it's time for her to say goodbye to this world," Arpitha smiled wickedly, taking out a gun she hid in her clothes.

"Arpitha...stay away from her..."I ran towards her, but she pointed the gun at Mili and laughed sinisterly at me.

"Wow, bhai...this slut has managed to wrap you also around her finger," she said sarcastically.

I looked at Mili with tear-filled eyes..she was lying in a pool of blood, clutching her stomach, and looked at me helplessly through her half-open eyes. I couldn't control my anger seeing her condition.

"Arpitha, leave her alone before I do something that you will regret, "I warned my sister, who looked bored.

"I mean it, Arpitha...I will take her away from here...I promise Aagney will never see her...Don't make me hurt you, "I begged her.

"You can't hurt me, brother, because you love me, and as for this wench, she will die today," she turned towards Mili and pulled the trigger.

I was scared for Mili's life. She has become more vital to me than anything else. And seeing my sister's madness, I lost it...Arpitha had pushed me to the edge...Her brutality towards Mili filled me with a frenzy that I had never felt before. And in a fit of rage, I pulled out my gun and shot her right in her heart. A shrill scream filled the air as she looked at me in disbelief before collapsing on the floor...I looked at her lifeless body, wholly devastated...I had murdered my own sister...the sister whom I loved so much like a daughter...Our madness and obsession brought us here in this situation where we destroyed our own lives and the lives of innocent others. But this realization came to me late...too late.

How was the chapter?

So Arpitha is dead...Are you all happy?

Is this punishment apt for Akshath...becoming the murderer of his sister for whom he separated Aagney and Mili?

What do you think of Mili and the baby?

I have to say only one person will survive. When I started the story, I decided on this part...And it will be Aagney's punishment.

Please vote, comment, and follow me.