Descending Chaos

The first sign of something had gone wrong is when the securities, all of them, suddenly stood at attention with red light flashed on their visor.

The second sign is that all Council members were led to room, alongside the Akaba siblings. All having their Goyo monsters out and ready to fight.

Third sign: a giant hologram of Roget appears before us all.

"What is meaning of this?!"

"What, indeed." The Hologram Roget echoed the question. "Allow me to explain it, Chairman. It has been bugging my mind lately... as to how the High Council spoil the law by suspending the authority of security, us who work for the city's safety."

"You mean mindless drones who you use for your own gain?" Quipped Ruka.

Roget narrowed his eyes at her.

"My my, Councilwoman Ruka." He sneers. "Do you think you are in position to talk back to me?"

"Isn't that my words, Head Security Jean-Michel Roget? Or should I say," Ruka smiled with her trademark saccharine sweet smile that hid venom underneath, "Academia Soldier?"

Silence engulfed the room.

"It seems you know quite a lot."

Ruka confidently take step forward.

"Unlike you, I do take my time to talk to participants of the tournament, listening to their woes and complains and others." She tapped her wrist pad. "Among them, is our guests from another dimensions, who told us about threat of Fusion Dimension. And I do recall certain fish out of water who use certain summoning method using a spell card to brought monster from extra deck. Same small fry fish who bring technology that was never seen before. It was not that hard to connect the dots."

"So you know." Scoffed Roget. "But there is one thing you are wrong."

"Enlighten me, O Wise One." The mocking tone cannot be anymore obvious.

"I am no longer affiliated with Academia."

"In other words... you are rogue agent." Akaba Reiji spoke up. "You deserted Academia. Why? Perhaps you wish to reclaim the city, the Synchro Dimension as your kingdom."

"My Kingdom...my own empire. Yes. That sounds wonderful, isn't it?" Roget mused. "A kingdom of my own, where I rule absolute and no longer submit to anyone. Why don't you join me then, Akaba Reiji?" He offered, emphasizing on the surname. "You are against your own father, just like me against the Professor. We share same goal here. Don't they say, enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Reiji pushed up his glasses.

"I have no intention to make deal with someone who brought me no benefit. Much more someone whose head filled with delusion." He rejected.

"Is that so? That's too bad."

"The one who is too bad is yours." Ruka piped up. "How does it feels to have your ace in the hole taken out of equation, sir Jean-Michel Roget?"

By that, of course she means Sergey.

And Roget clearly caught to it, if his suddenly sour expression was anything to go by.

"I imagine it must be a great shock to have your rabid dog get put down as it deserves." Thrilled Ruka. "And it was not even Jack Atlas who've done so."

"I," Roget grinded his teeth, "may make some miscalculation regarding miss Briar."

Ruka laughed. "And she is not even the finalist. She loses to Crow Hogan, which mean our dear blackbird can easily wipes the floor with Sergey. What does that rabid attack dog can hope, then, going against the Jack Atlas? Bringing in ARC Reactor System, arranging duelist with unique summoning method... How foolish can you be, Jean-Michel Roget? It takes a lot more than that to bring down the King."