- I... – he stops to consider the deal.

- Come on Cal, this is a great deal. You enjoy chemistry, this is a chance for you to work on it practically. – I encourage him positively, looking at him hopefully.

- I'll talk with my boss to see if I can skip one day. Can I get back to you? – he asks respectfully.

- Sure, no problem. You can take this week to consider it. Let me know once you reached a decision. – Mrs. Lin says nicely.

Mrs. Lin took another time to congratulate us on our paper. She sounded very happy about our results and discoveries and really encouraged us to accept the offer. After that, we were free to leave. Caleb and I grabbed our backpacks and headed out the door. Since chemistry was the last period, the hallways were already empty. We are walking through the hallways in complete silence as we head to his locker.

- What do you think? – I ask him, stopping in front of his locker.

- It's a nice offer, but I don't think we should take it. – he says nonchalantly, focused on opening the lock.

- Why not? It's a chance to actually do some chemistry and we'll be exempt from the final exam. Sounds amazing to me. – I debate with him.

- Do I have to remind you that I'm still the Beta in Command, which takes up all my afternoon, and you have enough with football and Alpha training? – he says a bit harshly, finally managing to open the locker and he started shoving books inside.

- Well, yeah, but... –

- Besides, I promised you I'd help you get better in combat. Nathan, we don't have the time. We still need to figure out how to tell our parents about us. – he says calmly yet firmly.

He does have a point. Between football and training with Jeremiah, I barely have enough time for homework. I guess I just liked the idea of spending more time with Caleb. Since we are done with the project, we don't have an excuse to meet outside school. I mean, we do, we are mates, but I don't want him getting into problems because he was spending time with me. I don't want to be that kind of mate. I sigh, feeling a little sad.

- You're right. – I agree. – Maybe we should talk about that. – I say lowly, and he nods unsurely. He knows I'm a little disappointed, but he's right. We can't overdo it.

- Did your dad tell you when to come back? – he wondered calmly.

- He said to be back before 20:00. So that gives us a little over four hours to think of something. – I say, getting more concentrated.

- Okay. – he nods and shuts the locker. – Where are your bodyguards? –

- Probably waiting for me outside the school, why? – I question.

- We need to lose them if we want to speak freely. – he adds.

- I think I know what to do. – I say almost sure my idea will work.

He looks at me expectantly, but I don't say anything, instead, I grab his arm and pull him with me. We walk outside the school and find Tobias, Valery, and Jordan, the wolves my dad assigned to protect me. The instant they saw me, they stood up and walked toward us.

- We were beginning to think you escaped again. - Jordan says humorously.

- It's okay guys, you can leave. There's nothing to worry about, you don't have to follow me around anymore. – I tell them, trying to get them to leave.

- We have orders from your dad to keep an eye on you. – Valery says nicely.

- Caleb is here, I'm sure he can take care of anything. – I tell them.