Tired

You woke up this morning in an amazing mood. You had known that Elliott would be on his way soon. You were excited for him to meet your animals. You have had a duck egg in the incubator for weeks, and it finally hatched.

And you had no idea what to name him. 

You're getting dressed into a white tank and a pair of loose, baggy and worn out jeans. It's getting colder, but despite how cold it was, you can always still sweat. As soon as you finish putting your shirt on there's a knock at your door.

"Come on in!" The doorknob turns and Elliott walks in. He's dressed in cooler clothes. "I thought you said you were only going to be feeding my animals?" You joked.

"Hey, if you need help with the crops, I'd be happy to help." He says. 

"Good. Also, I could use your help. Follow me." We head out of the farmhouse and into the coop. You find the angry little duckling and scoop him up.

"Aw! He's adorable." 

"He hatched last night I think. I need a name for him." He asks to hold him and you allow him, swapping the duckling from your hands to his.

"What are your names for the other ones?" He looks down at Crumbs, who quacked at him. 

"That one is Crumbs. The one in the corner Loaf." He laughs. 

"How about Crust? To stick to the bread names. Or Sourdough. Since he looks like he wants to bite me." Elliott grows anxious and he puts little Sourdough down.

"I like Sourdough. Okay, so. The feed is over there, gather the eggs and place them in the mayonnaise machines outside. And, you don't have to, but the milk pail is in the corner of the barn if you want to milk the cows and goats. If not, the feed will be right next to the feeder." He nods. 

"I can certainly try. If you hear me scream, it's because your white chicken attacked me." You snicker and exit the coop and make your way to your crop field. The sprinklers have done your watering job for you, but overnight the weeds have taken over some of your corn. 

You begin pulling the weeds, the muscles in your arms begin aching, and you have over exerted yourself way too much over these last few days. 

You see Elliott emerge from your coop, holding a basket of eggs. 

Continuing pulling weeds, you throw them aside. Elliott walks over to you and kneels. 

"Are you alright?" You nod.

"My muscles are tired. I'll be alright." He nods. 

"Let me gather the ripe vegetables. You just do that. Is there anything else?" You shake your head.

"This is the only thing that was needed. After this I can relax." He nods. 

"That's good. Let's hurry this up then." He uses the basket he used for the eggs for the ripe veggies. You continue pulling weeds. 

As you pull the last weed, your left arm muscle pulls.

You suck air in through your teeth and clutch your arm.

"Y/N?" He asks, "are you alright?" 

"I think I pulled my muscle. It's no big deal." He moves his hand slowly, unsure if he's you're onto basic touch level yet. Eventually he does, and the feeling of his hand on your bicep hurts.

"Did that hurt?" You nod. "We should see Dr. Harvey." You shake your head.

"It'll be fine, I just need to rest it for a while. An ice pack on rotation for a couple days and I'll be good as new." You laugh. He doesn't, however.

"Oh come on, don't look so worried." 

"Let's get you inside, and that ice pack." You nod and he helps you up. You step inside the air conditioned home and he sits you down on the couch.

"Where do you keep ice packs?" You wipe sweat from my forehead.

"The freezer above the fridge. There are a few that are meant to wrap around limbs." He finds what you're talking about and walks back towards you. "Ah, before that I need to grab the first aid kit from the bathroom, I need the wrap for my arm." I try to stand up but he sits me right back down.

"Nope. Let me get it."

"Elliott-"

"You were injured when I was right there, let me help you." He says.

You smile a little bit, "it's just a pulled muscle." You tell him softly.

"Let me." He says one last time before walking off into the bathroom.

He comes back minutes later with a tan wrap, he takes your arm gently and begins wrapping it. It's tight, like it's supposed to be. Once he's done he places the ice pack around your arm and fastening it.

"I'm supposed to keep this on for around, twenty minutes and then repeat the process in three hours." You tell him.

"Man, I'm sorry." You chuckle.

"It's okay. I was just really tired and I shouldn't have been working in the field anyways." You almost can't wait for winter. "You were a big help, Elliott. My coop animals love you." He laughs.

"I'm pretty sure Sourdough doesn't too much, but thank you. And you are absolutely welcome." He looks around, "Lunch?"

You nod, and he stands up. First searching your fridge and then he begins cooking something.

It's weird having him already cooking something in your home, but he wasn't about to let you do it.

He's sweet. A good friend, that Elliott. You're glad he's here.