The Maze Year Two

This morning Elliott has basically drug you out of bed and dragged you outside. It was spirits eve, and for some reason he was so excited about it.

"What's going on?" You ask with a laugh.

"The spirits eve festival! Don't you remember it last year?" He asks you.

"Oh, darling, of course I remember it last year. I'd never forget any of that." You tell him.

Last year that festival was the turning point of your relationship with him. It's where he kissed you for the first time.

On the cheek. But still. You thought about it all the time.

"It's only eight, what was the rush?" You ask him. He smiles.

"I wanna do things like we used to. We should go down to the forest and lay by the pond and just talk." He takes your hands in his and kisses them. Hoping for a yes from you.

"Are the animals taken care of?" He nods.

"Yes, I did that first thing this morning. I also checked your greenhouse and nothing's done yet." He comes behind you and hugs your waist. Resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Are the-" he cuts you off.

"The silos are full, ready for the winter. Everything is taken care of here, just leave all of your things and please just come with me, darling." You laugh.

"Okay, okay. Let's go then." He laughs giddily and shoves you towards the exit into cindersap forest.

He takes your hand and leads you there. His hand is even softer than a year ago. You're unsure how that's possible, because he's been helping you with the yard work, but they just are.

His hair sways in the wind, and you're still unsure how you managed to marry this man. This, hermit writer boy who stayed in his cabin up until you came into his life.

How was a mediocre farmer boy able to change him so much?

You pull on his hand gently, stopping just at the exit from your farm into the forest and you pull him in for a kiss.

He's surprised at first until he sets a hand on your cheek and leans into it. The kiss was lingering, and warm. One full of unconditional and undying love.

You pull away and wrap your hand in his once more and you walk side by side to the pond in the forest.

The wind is light, and the sun is shining. He lets go of your hand once you two reach it, and his arm comes around your waist.

"This is our life, my love." He begins.

"Ah, you've done this speech before." His face becomes one of awe.

"Oh really? Because last time I remember that was you." He laughs. His jaw is agape and surprised.

"Nope. That was definitely you."

"Really?" He braces his hands around your waist, and you know what's coming.

"Okay, okay, wait." He doesn't listen and begins to tickle you.

You laugh uncontrollably and you drop to the ground trying to escape his grasp.

"I yield!" He stops and laughs with you. He looks down at you and leans in to kiss you gently. You smile against his lips and he comes to lay beside you.

"Even if I have done the speech before, I could do it a million- no, a billion times over and over again. I'll be doing it until the day I die." You smile.

"You are my life, Y/N. A year ago I was so worried about my feelings for you and if they'd ruin everything we had. I cherished out friendship and I didn't want a relationship if it meant that it ruined our friendship." He takes your hand in his. "But you made sure it didn't. And by, Yoba, you have no idea how much I love you."

You tuck a strand of hair behind his ear, "I love you too. And I think I have somewhat of an idea if you dedicated your book to me." He laughs and leans into your touch.

"Y/N, all of my books will be dedicated to you. You are my soul inspiration for anything." You nuzzle up close to him and he wraps his arms around you.

You two sit in silence for the rest of the time, up until Elliott gets hungry and you two begin heading back to the farm.

He makes you two lunch and you two talk about small things until the spirits eve festival starts.

The festival is the same as every year. Same decorations, same shop, same food. But more importantly, same maze. The exact same maze.

Elliott drags you in almost immediately. And you laugh as you go on with him. He pulls you to the same spot you to got lost last year, and he pulls you in and kisses you passionately. I think that's all he wanted from today. Was a cheeky kiss in the hedgemaze.

You can't complain though, you love him. And he loves you. That's all you could ask for.

Do you like Elliott? Wow, me too! If you still like him by the end of this chapter, check out my new story, Unexpected Guests (Elliott X Masc Reader). It's an AU where Elliott comes in a year after you do, or do you get tired of Joja quicker and moved to the valley two years early? Who knows! If you want please check it out!

And I do have to say thank you to all of you who enjoyed this story so much.

(The farmer now has a silo now, you're welcome).