XVII

Sunghoon

I want Jaeyun to enjoy his days with his family so despite wanting him to be with me, I decided to give him more time to know Jake and his mother better. I instead went on a do my duties and first is to visit K hyung in Hetheria along with EJ and Nicholas. Why should I bring food from the palace when I can bring EJ with me instead?

I am preparing for the helicopter when I saw Riki's car pull over. By the way, if you're wondering, Riki is yet to return to his kingdom but decided to stop over by the palace because he still needs to return my brother to the palace.

When the car door opened tho, I saw Taki step out with an unfamiliar guy beside him. He looks terrified to be here and because he's clinging onto Taki, I then remembered his brother, Maki.

"Sunghoon hyung, Maki has something to tell you"

Riki spoke before the brothers slowly approached me and to my surprise, they both gave me a full bow. Like the full bow where they're on the floor.

"Please rise . ."

They immediately did as I asked before Taki stepped forward.

"I have no words to express my gratitude to you your Highness. . . and I know you have given me my freedom but I want you to take it back. I want to continue what I have started in Zeviera and give service to its people. If you and your army would allow me to, I want to be in the army. . . I want to do anything to be of service to his Highness"

I can't help the smile that formed on my face when Taki was speaking because he sounded so sure and he speaks with certainty that I can't help but admire his courage and ignore his shaky hands and sweaty forehead. Imagine, despite his freedom, he still wants to stay here?

"I'm happy to hear that from you and if you want to be of service to the kingdom, I won't say no but in joining the military, I must oppose you. I have seen your work and I must say, you are meant to be gentle and kind, not violent and hurtful. You have a kind heart and that shows in the smiles of many Zevierans who have witnessed your work.

You can work here if that's what your heart desires. ."

"Thank you your Highness .."

He slowly stepped back with a huge smile before his brother then stepped forward.

"I'm Maki . . I was the one whom you rescued from captivity. . . thank you so much for not only helping me and my brother but also for making our lives more liveable. Thank you for not abandoning us . . . and I'm terribly sorry for yours and Zequiero's loss.

I have encountered in my escape the royal adviser of Prince Jake when he was being held captive. Before he was totally locked in a cell, he handed me this. He asked me to give it to the royal guard's commander in chief. I wasn't able to hand it to him tho. . but hopefully, you can give it to him your Highness. . "

I glanced at the beautifully wrapped package in his hands. From the package itself, I can say it contains some things and probably a letter. I don't know if I should hand it to him or let Maki do it.

However, when I glance back at Maki, I don't think it is a good idea to let him give K hyung the package. He's obviously nervous and if anything, I don't want him to be traumatized if ever K hyung's reaction to it won't be good.

"Thank you for keeping it Maki. Don't worry, I will make sure I'll hand it to him"

"Thank you Your Highness"

I smiled before carefully placing the package in my bag and turned to Riki who still has his arms around my brother's waist making me roll my eyes.

"Prince Riki, you might want to release my brother for me to hug him goodbye"