9) "We have to do what?"

~Thursday at East High ~

****************************************

+

"7:15 am." Nini whispered and glanced at her apple watch for the time.

"He's 15 minutes late. He's the lead, he better act like one before tech rehearsal." Miss Jenn said from her desk that was placed in the center of the audience chairs while Nini sat on a chair in the middle of the empty stage.

"Respectfully, Miss Jenn. Why did you ask us to meet here at 7 am when we could be getting ready for class?" Nini hesitated and picked her nails in her seat.

Next to Nini was another plastic chair meant for E.J who was supposed be there 15 minutes ago.

"I can't tell you until E.J gets here." Miss Jenn sighed and flipped through her notes.

5 minutes later, the brunette, coffee loving, senior boy known as E.J walked into the theatre holding a Starbucks bag and a cup full of coffee. E.J sat on his chair beside Nini and handed her the bag with a chocolate croissant in it while he glanced at Miss Jenn.

"School starts in 10 minutes so we better chop chop and work this out!" Miss Jenn looked at the two confused teens from her desk and referenced her favorite musical High School Musical.

"I can't eat this." Nini leaned over to whisper to E.J handing back the Starbucks bag with the sugary pastry in it.

"Shoot. I forgot that you have diabetes, sorry." E.J tried to whisper feeling bad for his cast member but was immediately shushed by Miss Jenn.

"You two, are you listening to me or not?" Miss Jenn said almost infuriated with the two teens.

She didn't even know why she wanted to teach teens in the first place if she knew they would be rude and moody all the time.

"What? Sorry Miss Jenn." Nini tried to apologize being the good girl she was.

"I added a kiss at the end just like they did in the 40th anniversary version of Grease. Are you two comfortable with that? Or do you want to do a fake stage kiss?" Miss Jenn asked and pointed her pen at the two leads of the show.

"We have to do what?" E.J and Nini spat out at the same time while staring at each other in shock.

"Miss Jenn, I have a boyfriend. It's Ricky and we would never cheat on each other." Nini hesitated and glanced at her watch again for the time.

"Miss Jenn, respectfully I don't think that will work. I'm bisexual and am planning on asking someone to the homecoming dance. I'm sure Nini has plans with Ricky too." E.J started to say feeling disappointed in his commitment.

"I understand. Would you guys like to practice a fake stage kiss instead?" Miss Jenn said with a lower tone in her voice.

"Sure, I gotta get to class. Excuse me." Nini got up out of her seat and grabbed her purple backpack with E.J in tow behind her.

You're The One That I Want: A Rini AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara