6) "The theater is for everyone."

~Monday, East High Theater: More Auditions~

+

"Miss Jenn, can I please go next?" Nini raised her hand after another girl's audition was over.

Miss Jenn's strategy was that the bravest people to audition first were going to be the ones she focused on the most. Little did she know, talented Nini who decided to be the 25th girl to audition for a female role was going to blow her mind away.

"Go ahead. Name, grade, and role you are auditioning for." Miss Jenn smiled at the girl who was deciding where to stand on the stage.

"Wooo! Go Nini." Ricky called lightly to his girlfriend as people started to glare at him.

"Thanks, Ricky." Nini slightly smiled at him still feeling butterflies of nervousness in her tummy from earlier.

"My name is Nini-Salazar Roberts. I'm a junior. And I'll be singing 'Hopelessly Devoted to You.'" Nini smiled and looked Ricky straight into the eyes for support.

Nini walked over to Natalie Bagley who was controlling the sound system and whispered 'No music please' quietly then she went back to her place on center stage.

The girl who cried in the bathroom for feeling self-conscious about her body and looks, stunned everyone away with an acapella version of the song that she performed in her bedroom in front of the mirror. Even Gina Porter was blown away by Nini's vocals and couldn't help but stand up and applaud for the girl when she opened her eyes and realized that everyone was applauding her.

"Go Nini! That's my pretty girlfriend!" Ricky hollered over the clapping coming from the 50+ other theater students auditioning.

On the side of the theater during all the cheering and hooting was E.J Caswell who looked like he was about to punch Ricky in the face since he was closer to his row in the audience.

The jock who often times bullied Nini and Ricky was jealous of Nini's talent and her boyfriend supporting her. The look on his face showed envy and hatred as if he didn't have that kind of support at home.

"Okay. Okay. Settle down everyone. We still have to get through the boy's auditions and dance combos taught by choreographer Carlos Rodriguez. Thank you for that lovely cover Nini. Once again, I only need to hear 8 bars from each of you. Anymore girls doing solos?" Miss Jenn said before she looked over at Natalie Bagley who was glaring at Jet and Gina who did a whole routine in the beginning of auditions.

"You were- wow. I have no words. I'm proud of you." Nini took a seat next to Ricky and heard his beautiful voice whisper in her ear then watched him squeeze her hand for support.

"Thanks." Nini blushed and drank her water to lower her glucose reading. She was so surprised that she performed that song flawlessly without fainting or sweating through her shirt because of how high her glucose reading was.