"I just knew, okay? All you've been doing is making fun of me for trying. So why should that time be any different?"

Guilt made my body go tense. I can't believe I actually felt bad. Usually when I did things like this to the girls, it was funny to me. This wasn't the first time I've been caught playing my little game, but the hurt in his eyes was too much for me to bear.

I pursed my lips, not knowing how to respond correctly. The wind swept my hair into my face, but before I could move it, someone else did.

Minho tucked the strands of blonde hair behind my ear. His face was now gentle, forgiving. The longer I gazed at him, the harder my heart pounded. My fingertips were now submerged beneath the dust despite how much they shook. That feeling felt so familiar, like I've experienced it many times before. I never wanted that feeling to leave me ever again. But, like all good things in my life, it was ripped away.

"Hey Tommy," Newt said as Thomas sat down.

Thanks, Thomas. Thanks a lot.

"Glad to see you guys made it here," he said.

Frypan laughed, it was almost animal-like. "Same back at ya. Looks like you had more fun, though. Hangin' with your love goddess. Guess you two kissed and made up."

"Not exactly," Thomas sighed. "It wasn't fun."

"Well what happened?" Minho asked. "How can you trust her after all that?" Thomas hesitated so Minho spoke again, "And forgave that witch? I won't. Whatever those shuck WICKED people want to do, fine by me. But I don't trust her, I don't trust Aris, and I don't like either one of them."

"They went through all that- all that planning and acting- just to make you feel betrayed? Doesn't make any bloody sense," Newt put in.

I cleared my throat. "She knows me, I know her," I said.

"Who? Teresa?" Newt questioned.

I nodded. "When she joined our group, I had like, a flash of memory. I knew her before all of this. But she knew who I was right away."

I could tell Thomas was thinking about something, but he wouldn't spit it out. He didn't need to though because I was thinking the same thing. I have been for awhile now. I worked with WICKED, along side Teresa.

"I'm not the person you think I am. I don't even know who I am," I whispered. "But Teresa and Aris know." I looked up to see Brenda staring at me. I haven't talked to her once, but somehow I knew she wasn't just some Crank. The feeling in my gut was so strong, I had to tell them. "And so does Brenda."

"How would you know that?" Thomas defended her.

I glared at him. "Nothing is normal here. I'm not going to ignore the fact that anything can happen. WICKED has tricked us in impossible ways so you can't tell me it hasn't come to your mind too. Even if you do have that little schoolboy crush of yours."

Thomas was about to argue with me when lightening struck. "Maybe we should bag this whole safe haven thing and try to find shelter," he suggested, completely forgetting about our debate.

"No way," Newt replied. "We didn't come this far to go back now. Let's just hope the buggin' storm holds off a little longer."

The sky was so dark it looked like it was night despite it being just past noon. The wind began to pick up even more, causing it to roar and swoosh.

"What's that!" Minho shouted, jumping to his feet; he pointed at a spot over Thomas's shoulder.

The desert ground was opening up as a terrifying groaning, twisting steel sound pierced the air. From the depths of hell came white coffin like containers. They reminded me of the things the Grievers were in, and that made my body tremble as I stood up. Suddenly dozens of them started to rise. We were surrounded.

I looked over at Minho who's face was full of terror. I could only imagine how I appeared. If we were going to die because of these things, I didn't want to be so hardheaded and stubborn. That's why I took Minho's hand in mine. Our fingers intertwined and our grips were tight.

"Till death do us part," I deadpanned.

"Till death do us part," Minho repeated.

👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫

THE SCORCH TRIALS TRAILER, OH MY GOD.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

It looks sooooo good. Especially that shower scene. ;) ;)

Needs more Minho though, just saying.

~Remember to vote and comment!~