14 - Changed

How did he know my name?

"Anne!" he screamed again as he began to run toward me.

"Stop!" Teresa commanded as she pointed the spear at the him. "Don't come any closer or the bows start shooting."

"Teresa?" a blond boy said. "What the bloody-"

"Shut up," she shot back.

I returned my attention to the Asian before squinting at him. I recognized him. I was sure of it. Then it hit me. He was the person from my dream.

With a shaking voice I asked him, "Is your name Minho?"

A smile formed on his face. "Yes! Yes, it is! Oh god, Anne, I've missed you so much."

I shook my head. This wasn't possible. If it was, then I would've been in their maze and gotten out somehow. It just didn't add up.

Minho took a few steps forward but I stopped him by putting the blade of my machete between us. "I swear to god if you even blink I will cut your throat. Now back up," I threatened him.

He put up his hands before doing what I told him to do. His shoulders suddenly dropped as he watched me. I could feel the energy between us become cold despite the extremely warm temperature. "You don't remember me do you?" he questioned. "I can tell. You'd never shucking say that to me. Never. Your different, Anne. You've changed."

I smirked. "Baby, seasons change, but people don't."

I turned away from Minho and walked forward to get to the blond boy. "Are you Thomas?"

"No. I'm Newt. I'm your best friend, Anne. Don't you remember me?" he asked.

I groaned. "I'm going to make one thing clear for all of you!" I shouted. "I don't remember any of you exempt Mr. Perfect Hair over there!" I gestured to Minho. "I don't know why you know my name. I don't know why I only know him! If you tell me I was in your maze, I'm not going to believe you! Sorry. So don't come near me or I will chop off your limbs, you got it?!"

Newt nodded while staring at the ground. Minho glared at me with hell fire in his eyes. Well his mood certainly changed.

"Good, now where's Thomas?"

Teresa walked over to the boy she had kissed not long ago. "Is your name Thomas?"

The boy gaped at her. "You know who I-"
He was cut off my Teresa swinging the butt of her spear into his head. I could tell he was in pain by the way he clutched his ear. "You know who I am!"

"I used to, anyway. Now I'm going to ask you one more time. Is your name Thomas?"

"Yes!" he yelled. "My name is Thomas!"

Jackpot.

Teresa and I backed up so we rejoined the circle of girls. I noticed Aris spinning in a slow circle looking at each of us. I couldn't believe he didn't say a word.

"No way!" Minho yelled. "You're not taking him anywhere."

I scoffed. "Who died and made you queen?"

Minho froze up as if he all of a sudden remembered something. I didn't know what it was, but it at least made him shut up.

"This isn't some stupid game," Teresa began. "I'm going to start counting. Every time I hit a multiple of five, we'll kill one of you with an arrow. Or maybe I'll just let Anne kill you. She only chopped off two Crank heads with that machete. She'll kill everyone until Thomas is the only one left, then we'll take him anyway. It's up to you."