chapter five - The Flight Stuff

Y/N's POV

"Snotlout, you're not dying."

I said to the hysterical Viking in front of me and my friends.

"You don't know that! The five sign posts of Valhalla have already shown three of themselves!"

"They're an old wives' tale!"

Hiccup said, rolling his eyes.

"Then why have I seen the flying fish, weeping rock, and singing tree?"

Snotlout shrieked as Gustav who was standing next to him held up three fingers.

"Salmon spawning, wet rocks on the beach, and a gust of wind. Honestly, Snotlout, you're going to be fine!"

Astrid said while she stood next to me.

"The five signs of Valhalla are only meant to happen to great warriors!"

"Obviously! What's your point?"

"Snotlout, even if you were dying, which you aren't, you can't just choose someone to replace you! It's not that simple!"

I said while gesturing to Gustav.

"Well, you wouldn't let me go through with my other plan!"

"You mean your plan to bury Hookfang next to you ALIVE?"

Astrid asked him, clearly annoyed by his antics.

"Hookfang would love to sacrifice himself for his master!"

***

"Hiccup! Trader Johann just got back from outcast island. He said he overheard Dagur talking about testing a new weapon."

I looked at Hiccup concerned and then back at his father.

"We'll take a few dragon riders and check it out, dad."

"Ok, but remember this is a scouting mission, not a combat mission, so don't engage with the enemy."

Both Hiccup and I nodded and began walking out of the arena.

"Y/N."

I heard the chief say my name, so I turned back around to face the chief.

"Yes stoick?"

"Try to be careful. With the way Dagur has been acting around you, we have no idea what he would do."

"Yes sir."

***

It has been a while and we've just been watching the berserkers below.

"There are a lot of berserkers down there."

Hiccup said while pacing

"What's our diversion?"

He asked

"Y/N should be the diversion."

Astrid said

"What, why me?"

I asked her

"Well, since Dagurs is in love with you, if you get the guards' attention, they'll leave their posts, and then the rest of us will sneak in."

"Alright, but if something happens to me, I blame you."

I say to her as Ember takes off. We got close to the gate, then I shouted