chapter three - The Skrill

I was watching from the clouds as the berserkers attacked Bucket and Mulch on their fishing boat, and surprisingly, the two normally sweet Vikings were holding their own pretty well. Snotlout burned the plank of wood connecting the two ships, then me and Ember shot off blasts at the berserker ships. It wasn't enough to sink them, just enough to scare the berserkers off as Hiccup and some of the other riders did the same; our plan finally worked as they sailed away with scorched boats and half-burned sails.

After the berserkers were out of sight, the other riders and I landed on the boat and hopped off our dragons. Hiccup then asked the two of them

"What happened?"

"Well, Hiccup, we thought the berserkers had hit the iceberg, so we came over to help, and then they started attacking us!"

"No surprise there."

Mulch shook his head while looking at the iceberg.

"It's because we saw it."

I looked at Hiccup, confused.

"It?"

Mulch then grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to the Iceberg.

"It!"

He pointed at a dark object stuck deep in the ice. My eyes widened as I saw the silhouette of a dragon.

"Hiccup! You need to come see this."

He then walked over to where I was, and then he saw it.

"It's a dragon stuck in there."

"If it's a dragon, why were the berserkers trying to dig it out?"

Astrid said while looking closer, trying to figure out anything that would make this dragon stand out.

"I don't know Astrid, but if the berserkers wanted it, it can't be for a good reason; we need to get this dragon somewhere else."

"So what are we going to dig out ourselves?"

Snotlout asked sarcastically while looking at Hiccup.

"Actually, I have a better idea."

----------time skip brought to you by the Skrills hatred for Toothless----------

We brought the dragon back to Berk and examined it more clearly; now, after getting a better look at it, I finally figured out what it was.

"Uh, guys, I know what kind of dragon it is."

"Really, Y/N, what kind is it?"

"It's a Skrill."

"Wait Really!?"

Fishlegs asked, his voice full of excitement.

"Uhm, yeah, I'd recognize it anywhere. I mean, it's the same dragon on the berserker sails; it's their tribe's symbol."

"Oh my THOR Y/N, this is huge."

Hiccup ended up dragging me to the great hall with him to tell his father about the dragon we found.

After we told his father, he looked conflicted.

"What's wrong, dad?"

Hiccup asked

"Well, if the dragon you kids found really is a Skrill, then the Berserkers must have had a reason for digging it out."

While hearing this, my face paled a little as I turned to face Hiccup and asked him.

"Do you think they're trying to train dragons?"

"It's highly possible; I mean, he's determined to kill Toothless and to marry you, so if they were training dragons, it would help with both of those."