chapter four - Escaping Dagur

I groaned as my eyes opened, and a throbbing pain shot through my head. I pushed myself up off a soft surface. It was probably the softest fabric I've ever felt before, but that's not the important part. I sat completely up, surveying the room, before feeling a shift in the weight beside me. I finally sat upright, stiffly turning my head to the left. Dagur was lying there; it didn't seem like he had just woken up; it seemed like he'd been awake for a little while. He looked calm, much calmer than the last time I was close enough to fully see his face. I then realized that he had an arm wrapped tightly around my waist, and when I looked down, I also realized that instead of the clothes I was wearing earlier, a brown shirt with a corset and tight brown pants, I was wearing an extremely loose green shirt and a pair of brown pants.

"Dagur?!"

I squeaked out while trying to create as much distance between us as possible but ultimately failing due to his iron-tight grip on my waist.

"Good morning, my love."

He said this while pulling me closer to him.

"Dagur... how, uh.. how did I get here?"

I asked him clearly, scared of the answer.

"Well, you were attacking my ships, and then one of my men captured you and your dragon in a net. You almost drowned, but luckily you didn't. We let your dragon go, and then I brought you here."

"Ok, and uh, who.. who changed my clothes?"

I asked, sounding extremely nervous.

"Oh, I did, and I'm sorry about that, but the only other people on the ship are men, and I will not allow any man other than me to see you like that."

"Oh ok."

I said it while I was deep in thought. I mean, I didn't necessarily dislike the way I looked, but it's not like I was super confident. I mean, my entire life on Berk, I've only ever had one guy take an interest in me, but even then, he lost interest in me when he met Astrid, but I've gotten used to that.

"Are you ok, my love?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok..."

He said. He clearly did not believe me when I told him I was fine. I didn't know why I did what I did next, but I laid back down with my head on Dagur's chest and my arm across his torso. At first, Dagur tensed up at the sudden contact, but he quickly relaxed into it and stayed like that for a little while until someone came in the room.

"Uh, sir, we made it to Outcast Island."

Dagur moved his hands from my waist and covered my ears, then screamed.

"I TOLD YOU ALL IF YOU WERE TO DISTURB ME, YOU'D BE SKRILL FOOD."

"I'm so sorry, sir. I'll leave now."

One of his soldiers said while quickly shutting the door. It took him a few minutes, but soon Dagur got out of bed and started putting on his armor.

"You know Hiccup and the other riders will come for me, right?"

"If they know what's good for them, they won't, and even if they do, I won't let them take you from me. If Hiccup tries, he'll have to face me, and trust me, I'll win."

From his tone of voice alone, I could tell he was serious, and to say I was scared is an understatement.

"Well, my love, I must go. I'll be locking the door, so don't get any ideas about trying to escape, and even if you get the door open, there will be two soldiers placed outside the door."