• 3 * past

Minho was nine when he first saw hyunjin. He was smiling at minho from the very first eye contact who was drawing a doodle of a cat with a stick he found on the floor of the playground. That was the first time he saw someone smiles at him, he sat there confused. Then he continued drawing.

And he heard the other's steps leading to him, but it seemed like someone stopped him. Minho didn't look up because he already know they won't step into this playground.

They said there were a lot of ghosts, but it was wrong. He sometimes stays there until midnight because he was wondered if the ghosts want to be friends with him since humans don't. But he didn't see or hear a thing, so sitting on the swings at midnight was kind of his habit in his past.

"don't get near him! my sister once said he is an orphan!"

A girl's tone was very clear. But minho won't be upset anymore, he was used to it.

"so am I."

It made minho a little bit shocked and looked at him. He pushed the girl away and the girl seems to get upset but it's really not his stuff to care. And surprisingly, the boy who smiled at minho a moment ago harshly ran towards him.

Minho dropped the stick he was holding to draw and took some steps back from him. The boy was running so fast toward him that he was about to slip but he caught his balance. On another hand, he stepped a little bit on minho's cat doodle, causing minho to make an upset noise.

"I, uh... my apologies! I can fix that!"

That boy started to pick up the stick minho was drawing before. This time, minho had to run toward him.

"no!! you can't!"

Minho tried to take the stick back but the other put his hand up. he was taller than minho a little bit so he couldn't take it back.

"don't worry, I can draw well!"

He processed to speak with confidence. Minho backed off, putting a little bit of trust in his tone. And he was right in trusting the other, that boy drew the cat even better than minho. He was impressed, watching the doodle with widened eyes and parted lips.

"all done!"

"you are really good at drawing!"

"thanks and my name is hyunjin if you're curious."

Hyunjin took his hand out for minho to introduce himself.

"Hwang hyunjin!"

A woman disrupted them by shouting at hyunjin who looks annoyed and rolled his eyes. And he felt lavender smells splitting away slowly.

"yes ma'am?"

"my daughter is now crying and she said you pushed her away. Is that true?"

"it was on accident."

"you-"

"Hyunjin-ah what is happening?"

Hyunjin immediately ran toward his aunt, pretending to cry. He searched for minho to introduce his aunt after this but he was gone. He hugged his aunt real tight.

"Oh ms. Hwang. Seems like you are so busy and didn't get some time for hyunjin to teach him an attitude."

"Excuse me, old woman? Can't you see my boy is crying because of you!? You should fix your attitude first and also your stupid dumb kid keeps annoying hyunjin, following everywhere he goes. Can you tell her to stop right now?"

Hyunjin chuckled as he watched the old woman walking hard with embarrassment.

"we just moved here and what have you done my little boy, huh?"

"but mother, I also got a friend!"

Hyunjin likes to call his aunt 'mother'. His aunt looked down to smile at him.

"that's great! I think our neighbor had a kid named lee minho. Is it him?"

"I don't know. He hasn't told me the name yet and that old woman had to ruin the situation!"

Hyunjin haven't even seen him smile and he was gone.

The other day, hyunjin was at one of their neighbors' apartments, to interact and introduce each other

The other day, hyunjin was at one of their neighbors' apartments, to interact and introduce each other. His aunt was talking with a woman who seemed younger than her. He heard her calling a kid's name, he curiously looked at where she was glaring.

'It was him, I know we are meant to be.'

Hyunjin can't tell if he was crushing on another boy since the first glance he met him. But he did feel some butterflies in his stomach next to that boy, named minho.

"minho, they are our new neighbors!"

And the next thing she said was to greet hyunjin and his aunt. Hyunjin smiled, hearing his voice again. He did disappear out of nowhere yesterday.

"It's pressure to meet you ms. hwang and hyunjin."

Minho bowed down at them, and hyunjin did the same.

"I feel the same as you, min-"

Hyunjin forgot his name, looking at his aunt for help. But minho understood the situation first.

"It's minho, Lee minho."

He said, with a voice including calmness, cuteness, and peace. Hyunjin made an understanding sound.

"minho, why don't you take hyunjin to the park near here? you have a friend now!"

Minho couldn't go to that cherry blossom park because everyone was going there with their friends and he had no one. And now, his aunt just pointed out that he got a friend now. He always wanted to go there with a friend, but what if the other didn't want to be friends with him?

"that's great! ms. Lee! I'd love to!"

Hyunjin shouted with excitement. He followed after minho when he said to. They were left alone. Meanwhile, the two guardians were talking about them. Hyunjin's aunt was worrying about them since they were alone but ms. Lee told her, the kids around here liked to go there with friends and there will not be a problem.

 Lee told her, the kids around here liked to go there with friends and there will not be a problem

A/N

This was supposed to be the longer one but I'm also working on my other books so-

BTW you can just imagine that there was a cherry blossom park in Gimpo and it looks like the gif above ^^