Chapter 6

Nothing could have made Harry happier than finally arriving home to a pile of letters. His shift was longer than it needed to be, and it was absolutely exhausting. He was tired, and couldn't help but feel envious of his coworkers who got a break.

"Harry,

It means a lot that you took the time to send me a letter informing me of the situation, and even more so that you saw something like this bracelet and thought of me. I'll start working on a code now, but I like the one that you came up with. I'll admit, it's going to be odd not having your letters to look forward to every day. I guess I'll have to keep a running list of everything that's happened and just send you that.

The threat remains, stay safe or else I'll have to resurrect you and kill you myself.

Best,

Draco"

Only Harry would find Draco's signature sign off endearing. Whenever he felt like doing something reckless, Draco's warning flashed in his mind, and nine times out of ten, he refrained from doing so. He was honestly thinking about getting it tattooed on his forearm at this point, but that really would be reckless wouldn't it?

As Harry read through the remainder of Draco's letters, it struck him how much he missed the mundane things in Draco's life. He missed hearing about his mornings and the way that his potions work was progressing. Chewing on his lip, Harry grabbed a new piece of parchment, and began to write.

"Dear Draco,

What day are your trials being concluded? When do you find out whether your new potion is accepted? I need to come back for work soon, and I want to be sure that we'll have time to spend together. We have a lot of lost time to make up for.

Yours,

Harry"

When the letter finally arrived to Draco, he was ecstatic. Harry was coming back to see him so soon, and he couldn't wait.

"Harry,

My trials end on Wednesday and I get the results by Friday. Can I expect to see you on Saturday then? I'll clear my weekend calendar for you. There's still so much I want you to see. Thank you for giving me something else to work on. I'll need the distraction.

I've already begun planning, so now you must stay safe or else I'll have to resurrect you and kill you myself.

Best,

Draco"

As soon as Harry received Draco's response, he put his plan into motion. He confirmed that he would see Draco on Saturday, and made his way into the head auror's office.

Whenever Harry was having a hard time at work, which was becoming more frequent than usual, he would reread Draco's letters and remember the good times that they had had. There was one day in particular that Harry remembered fondly.

Draco had insisted that Harry be done with all of his work for the day by noon. He wouldn't tell Harry the day's plans, even going so far as to choose what Harry would be wearing that day.

"What exactly are we doing?," Harry had asked for the upteenth time.

"Today, we're being tourists," Draco announced.

"I thought you hated tourists."

"But I don't hate you, so that's what matters. I feel bad that I scrapped essentially your whole itinerary. We have lots to do today."

"I don't hate you too. Besides, I've enjoyed spending my time with you. It doesn't quite matter to me as long as we're together," Harry replied with a shrug.