Chapter 17

It was as if time had officially stopped, and Xie Lian is now regretting all life choices as he stares at the so called grown up that his cousin happens to look like. They weren't close, but they weren't distant either. It was a complicated relationship that often would never go his way, instead it would just go the other way. He watches as the figure struggles out of San Lang's grasp and onto his own two feet.

"Jeez, you're so fucking unbearable. What the hell is the matter with you?! Grabbing someone like that...!"

"Qi Rong..."

The delinquent turns to face his cousin with a grin.

"It's been a long time cousin. You look like you're doing so well, especially after all of the publicity that is newly circulating around you. How does it feel to be back in the shitty spotlight?"

Xie Lian holds his tongue, and sighs softly, "You ask such a question, when I'm not really in the spotlight. There is no spotlight. Why are you in here is my question,"

"I just needed a damn place to nap in, is that so damn wrong? Jeez! And you say no spotlight, but if you look around the internet people are talking and talking. You can't destroy them all ya know? And the fact that this guy here tries is laughable since he seems to keep trying to silence people. Hah! What an idiot, people are stupid enough to not give a fuck ya know?!"

The group surrounding them was now just in a fluster of annoyance. They all knew how he was as a child, and now they are experiencing a grown nightmare. But before anyone could even think to speak up against him, Xie Lian already had his hand gripping around his throat.

San Lang steps back as he sees a familiar gaze in his partner's eyes. A gaze he never wanted to see be brought back up to the surface. A look of anger and darkness. His eyes glare into the eyes of his cousin, who was struggling to breathe. His hands are clutching onto his wrist with fingers scraping across the skin, as his feet kick around below him in an effort to get away.

"I'm sorry....did you happen to say something?"

Qi Rong's pale skin shades down to a more paler color as his nails scratch at his bandages on his wrist, attempting to tear them off.

"Gege...!"

Xie Lian's head snaps up at the sound of San Lang's voice as the young man steps up to his side and slowly eases his hand from Qi Rong's neck. Qi Rong takes in a massive breath of air as he crawls away from the duo. He chokes on his words as he stands up and laughs.

"W-What was that?! Hahaha! Cousin..! Was that really you?! You've changed! You were so cold and heartless! He was right! You're still a fool!"

Xie Lian turns back to him with wide eyes.

"He...?"

Qi Rong grins as he rubs his neck.

"I think you know who I'm talking about...."he says with a hiss. Now it was one thing, to anger Xie Lian. But at this moment Qi Rong hadn't realized the more aggressive character that just saved his life, was now about to end it. San Lang lifts him up from the top of his head with a deadly look in his eye. 

"So...you're in league with a criminal...? How interesting....." his lips curl into a sinister smile, "Then perhaps you aren't ignorant to pain and torture. Shall I demonstrate it to you? I'll leave you as the trash on the side of the road for him to pick up."

Qi Rong shrinks within himself as a squeal slips from his lips. His arms are flailing about in an attempt to escape from his grasp, but nothing could help him now. San Lang takes step after step toward the entrance doors with a wicked grin. He drops him and immediately shoves his foot onto his side. With every minute his foot sinks further into his flesh.