Chapter 13

Warning: SA is going to be in this chapter and will be spoken more about in later chapters as well. If you are uncomfortable with it please do not read. We will be entering some dangerous territory. There will be triggers for many reasons. Please read at your own discretion.

"Xianle. Xianle. Xianle.....look how far you have fallen."

A man towers over the little idol as he stands in the middle of a broken down neighborhood with poor citizens walking along the streets in rags and overly washed clothes. Their bodies sulking and hunched over as they make their ways to somehow earn some of fortune in order to live. Xie Lian stands with eyes filled with terror at the sound of this voice. This man has been following him since the burning of his home. The fall of his parents company. The loss of his friends. The loss of the staff. Everywhere he went, that same voice would be there to greet him. To taunt him. To lecture him. To tease him. To torment him. To comfort him.

He couldn't understand why. He couldn't understand how. And he couldn't understand as to why him? What did he ever do to this man? He was only a teen at this point. He was supposed to be in school. He was supposed to have reached a point in his life where he could be enjoying himself with people who love him, so why? Why did it turn out this way?

No one was too caring to turn to him. No one dared to try. With his voice caught in his throat he could only manage a single shaky breath as he turns to run, but is caught by the very ends of his long hair. He falls back and lets out a scream of fear.

'NO!'

'PLEASE NO! NOT AGAIN! NOT AGAIN!'

Those same pair of arms would wrap around him in a hug that was filled with the firey warmth of hell. His cheek presses to the man's chest with shock spreading through his body as it shook.

"There, there your highness....it will be over before you know it. Just close your eyes for me...."

Xie Lian grits his teeth as his eyes are covered by a rough hand. With tears pouring down his face, he can feel the other hand slowly moving down his body leaving imprints of ice over every inch. He squirms and attempts to flee, but is hurriedly shoved toward the alley at their side. His head presses to the wall as that same hand slithers under neath the raggedy cloth of clothing on him.

"NOOOOO!!!!!"

Xie Lian throws himself up into a sitting position with nothing, but terror written over his face. Sitting beside him he could hear a faint crying voice. It wasn't a voice that was filled with sorrow—no it was a voice filled with concern. And it was calling him over and over. The ringing in his ears finally stop as the voice manages to erase the one from his dreams completely.

"Gege...!"

San Lang's hands are pressed tightly to his shoulders as he had been trying to wake him for so long. In his eye was the complete emotion of grief for his idol who was losing his sanity bit by bit. Xie Lian let's out a shaky breath as his body just falls forward into the arms of his new found lover. He lets out a small whimper as if he were a child again—asking for comfort from the only one who could truly provide it for him. San Lang's arms slowly but firmly wrap around his shoulders in a warm embrace that allowed the chills in Xie Lian's body to melt away. Now he was only feeling him, touching him, smelling him, and hearing him. The mere sight of him is enough to bring him into a sense of ease.

"Gege..."

Xie Lian chooses to not respond for the moment as he waits for his own body to stop trembling. Noticing this San Lang switches to a more comfortable approach as his hand lightly glides through the brown locks of his hair. Xie Lian takes a moment to just bathe in everything that San Lang was. Protective. Kind. Gentle. And filled with a scent of leather, ash, and cologne. A bit of time came to pass before he would dare to move again. San Lang never moved, never spoke, and never tried to get him to. This was the one thing he adored about him, his patience.