Chapter 8

The vehicle pulls up to the cafe, drawing the attention of many onlookers. They wondered with deep curiosity as they awaited to see who would step out of the vehicle. Yin Yu steps out of the driver seat and opens the door as San Lang steps out first with his hair falling over his shoulder in a braid done by Xie Lian. He reaches his hand to the inside with patience as Xie Lian reaches out slowly and takes his hand. He helps him out the car, and it was at this moment that all eyes suddenly widened. They recognized the red coloring of his clothes, the way his hair covered over his eye, and the broadness of his shoulders to the way he stood with his other arm folded behind his back. Many in the middle class were always keeping track of the news and were always watching icons as they shine in the spotlight. This person was of no exception. He was an artist. A prodigy. A young genius who managed to destroy an agency with no problem. Hua Cheng has come into their territory, but for what?

When all eyes fell onto Xie Lian, many began to speculate that perhaps he was after the previous Crown Prince. Perhaps they were already dating? Perhaps he was just looking to remove him as well. No one knew the answer, but as fear paralyzed them they dared to not step closer.

The two enter the cafe and are greeted to a full house. Xie Lian is excited to see so many customers and notices that many of them were young men and women who appeared to be students. His eyes look to the front to see a very dear friend of his who was beautiful and handsome all at once. He could be dashing as a man and beautiful when cross dressing. He steps up to the counter and smiles.

"Have you been well this morning?"

The beautiful young man turns to him and smiles brightly.

"Xie Lian! I'm so glad to see you! Everything is fine! No worries, no worries!" His hand lifts up and tosses open a fan. It was white with decor of a mountain and bamboo trees. He fans his face lightly, "I'm glad to see you because now you have some explaining to do."

"Hm?"

Shi Qingxuan closes his fan and points to the man beside him.

"I didn't get it at first, but then I walked in. Then he walks in!" He points to another young man standing beside him. He was a bit pale, with long golden ear rings, golden eyes, and a stoic expression that shifted to annoyance. His hair was long, dark, and tied up into a high ponytail. 

"Um..."

"It was so odd to know that he was gonna now be working with me. Why didn't you tell me~?!"

Xie Lian nervously laughs and scratches his cheek.

"I-it was a last-minute decision....I'm sorry..."

"No need to apologize to him, Gege. I was the one who asked for him to come. Thank you very much, He Xuan. Consider some of your debt taken off. Keep it up, and you'll be cleared in no time."

"Fuck off."

He chuckles.

"He Xuan you never mentioned knowing him either!" He shouts while taking orders regardless of the amount of complaints that were coming from his lips. He truly loved to talk to others, and it became something he could skillfully do even when handling orders behind a counter. He was asked to work in many other industries, but like a good friend, he decided that instead, he would just work for his best friend and help him out.

"You never asked..."

"I did, though? When I walked in!"

Xie Lian chuckles, "Well, thank you for the help, both of you. I really appreciate it."

His dear friend smiles as he finishes the last order for the line that had died down.

"No need for thanks," he says with a smile. "What are you going to do now? Got any plans?"