Chapter 5

As the two continued to handle Xie Lian's work load they had come to realize that no one else was going to show. Thus, Xie Lian decides to make the call to close down early. Something he tends to do quite often. The duo manage to clean the entire cafe with ease, leaving plenty of time for them to kill before their night classes. For fun they decide to create more butterflies in his attic.

With some tea, and a few pastries they sat together in complete silence. It wasn't anything awkward, rather it was a silence that seemed comfortable to them both. They've spoken about so many things, and have also acknowledged that studying was just not an option. As much as Xie Lian really needed to study he just chose not to. It had been ages since he had done anything for himself, that did not involve work or school. To have the opportunity now to do so, was just a blessing.

"Gege...?"

He lifts his head from the the butterfly he was folding with a smile.

"Yes..?"

"Are you sure that you really want to just do this?" San Lang asks.

Xie Lian chuckles lightly, "Yes. I'm sure."

"What will you do with all of these?"

"Well I plan to hang them all around the cafe,"

"Really...?" he asks with a bit of concern hanging off the tip of his tongue as he spoke. Xie Lian already knows of his concerns. The silver butterfly has become such an iconic symbol for 'Hua Cheng' and it is relatively associated with bad luck because of his nature to show no mercy. However, he had no problems showing off these paper creatures to his customers. Even if he were to lose customers, he would not mind. His cafe has been looking the same for the longest time now, and he has never had much time to add any kind of flare to it. But these were the cutest things to him, so why not have them hang above their heads all the time?

"If you're concerned about what the public will think, I'm not too concerned,"

"You're not...?"

"San Lang remember who I am,"

"Gege is Gege..."

"And my identity is not necessarily a secret among the community around here. And many know that I am quite artistic. So....I don't think they will find it odd. And anyone who doesn't pay attention to rumors won't notice either. Only ones who could possibly have an issue would be people who know, but even then I wouldn't care to lose customers because it's my building. I get to do what I wish."

"Gege..."

"Also, seeing as how I know who you are, I can just speak up for you and your kindness toward me. Which reminds me." He turns to him with a smile.

"Thank you for the money you gave to me. It really helped a lot,"

San Lang chuckles and smiles, "No need to thank me, I just wanted to help Gege out is all,"

"Why do you want to help me so much...?" he asks.

San Lang leans back with his hands resting on the floor behind him. His smile turns into something soft and filled with a sense of yearning.

"Gege was the one who helped me first....therefore I will pay you back ten times the amount. No matter what. I will keep helping til you can live comfortably,"

"San Lang...."

"Gege deserves to be free...don't you agree?"

His gaze seemed so certain and able. His expression never moving, or changing as it created a devoting like atmosphere. As if he was worshipping a God by giving everything he has to someone who he believed was higher than the rest.