Chapter 9

Time had passed fairly slowly as the duo spent so much time together in the office, and yet there was still so much San Lang needed to show Xie Lian. For example, a gallery held in his own casino which is going to hold an exhibition soon where many will bid for some of his best work. However, Xie Lian had other plans as he began to feel somewhat hungry. San Lang didn't mind in feeding his beloved, so he called for food to be delivered to his office. As they waited Xie Lian continued to look throughout the room in pure awe. He glances over the books and spots one that manages to catch him off guard. Using the tip of his finger he lightly pulls to get a look at the cover. Over the cover he manages to see a variety of flowers and plants. He pulls the book out completely and stares at the cover. As he suspected, it was a gardening book that was filled with information about many different types of flowers. He turns to San Lang who was just watching him from his desk with a smile.

"Why do you have a book about gardening in here? Never fully expected to be that kind of person. You only really liked a single type of flower..." his words die down in volume as he recounts a memory long ago between the two when the little boy had once given him a flower as a way of saying thank you. After that first time he made it his goal to give him one everyday until he suddenly stopped showing up. San Lang manages to guess his thoughts and smiles softly.

"You're right. Gege has a good memory. I only appreciated one flower my whole life, however the book is mainly used as reference material for any of my art works."

"Oh."

"If you like the book, you can take it. I have many more."

Xie Lian lightly releases a small chuckle as he sets the book back on the shelf.

"You don't have to give me everything San Lang. You've given me enough."

"Gege."

He opens his eyes and meets a gaze that seemed rather fond and intense.

"Everything that I have, I can give to you. Everything I own is yours. Everything I am.....is yours."

His breath lodges deep into his chest on its own without any room to release it. His face heated up with the greatest amount of warmth that he could have been mistaken to have a fever. No one would ever dare to give him so much so easily. But San Lang was different from others. He would sacrifice everything and anything to his beloved. To someone who he only reunited with recently, and yet with just the small amounts of time spent together it was as if they've been together for years. There would never be an ounce of silence that would leave them awkward. Never an ounce of hesitation when approaching one another. There was this lack of presence of two, instead it was as of they were just one person. As if they've fused together in their hearts and souls creating this unbreakable bond that was not like any other. Xie Lian is not sure what he is supposed to say, but on truth he didn't need to say anything. His actions spoke louder than words. He steps over to his desk and sits shyly with his hands lightly tucked between his legs.

"Y-You really say the most unbelievable things San Lang."

He chuckles at his nervous fidgeting and smiles with his cheek resting in the palm of his hand.

"Gege, you've done a lot for me, so I just merely would like to give you everything I am."

Xie Lian's smile was soft and tender as he begins to finally relax the sudden tension that arose through his body through his words. He was not used to such things, but it made him happy to have such a person to love him so unconditionally.

Together they continue with their conversations even when their meals arrive. There was so much to say and hear, and for the first time in forever Xie Lian had someone he could talk to about anything. It didn't matter what the topic would be, San Lang would listen attentively with no complaints. He had no problems in hearing what he had to say, and in reality he just wanted to listen til there was nothing left to discuss. The two had been separated for so long, so what else could they do besides catch up on the many things that have happened over the years when they were both alone?