Chapter 11

Mei Nianquin was an idol that was just as loved as Xie Lian, even more so back in the day. He used to stand tall on the stage alongside a man that he considered to be his first actual student. Despite the differences, his student was a bright young man who moved the world with his voice and good looks. He could reach out to many with just the gaze of his eyes, but somehow in some way within a year the young idol had suddenly left the industry. Mei Niangquin was left devastated, and so he chose to retire. For a few years he was left alone to his own devices, and he no longer dabbled in music or modeling in anyway. However, the moment he witnessed Xie Lian's talents on the stage, the moment he decided to become his teacher. He would teach him everything he ever knew as an idol, and would train him to be the best.

Xie Lian was excited to have such a familiar face as his teacher as he also looked up to him as an inspiration. At the age of nine, Xie Lian's world shifted into something new, something that brought so many colors to his life as an idol. His two companions were also stunned as well, however they were not idols like Xie Lian. The two were trained to be body guards to protect and serve him. But Xie Lian saw them as more than just servants or guards. He really felt that they were his friends, and that together they could take over the world for the better. But Mei Nianquin would often warn him to never fully place all of your heart into others. It could leave you to feel isolated and in yourself because others have taken what you've given them. Xie Lian never understood as to why he was so cautions, but he always kept the phrase in the back of his mind. His memory was selective, and so he would choose to remember the things he wanted to remember whether good or bad. This allowed him to excel in his studies. If he wanted to he could have skipped a few grades alongside his friends, but he just chose not to. He was truly a child that was far too mature for his age, but the only one who still believed he was merely a child was his father.

His father was a business man, and a man who worked within the industry for so long. When he had opened up his current agency, it was predicted that he would change the world. And he did when his own son debuted as a small idol. This child changed lives. He was young, bright, and was seen to have the body of a child, but the mind of an adult. He was a child that had never really learned to fully be playful like other children. He's never had true friends, nor had he ever really gone on playdates. Most of his time was spent with his parents in their agency. He would learn everything about the industry and would give his won suggestions to others, suggestions that could work as short solutions to buy them time before they can find proper solutions that would be long term. Sometimes his knowledge would impress other agencies, but it only aggravated his father. His father would belittle him and treat him as if he was just a child who didn't know what he was talking about, and yet, he would be the one to drill all this knowledge down his throat. Due to their differences, the two would fight many times over and over again. No child should be treated so aggressively, but no parent should be disrespected. However, Xie Lian never saw it as being disrespectful, he only wanted to help. But his father only wanted him to focus on his career and while he was doing that he wanted to do other things. Things that children would do. When Mu Qing and Feng Xin were introduced to him, he was ecstatic and filled with excitement. He didn't care about them being trained to be his body guards or servants-all he cared about was being able to have their company. They would join him for lessons and would even participate on some occasions. Mu Qing was best in moving with grace and beauty, while Feng Xin moved with movements that were stiff, but would fit well his cold expressions that always appeared to be filled with anger. Feng Xin was also best in throwing his voice out, while Mu Qing also was best in adapting rather quickly, something that Feng Xin managed to learn from him.

The days they spent together became endless, until one day a knew face had arrived to doors of his father. He appeared to be a man with good taste, good looks, and a well established record. He was tall and carried himself with this air of arrogance. Xie Lian could see it in his face, could hear it in his voice, and could see it in his eyes whenever he would look at him. He's never tried to speak with him, and it wasn't because he never wanted to try, but rather he was a bit scared to. And he was not the only one. His mentor would often te him to be wary of such a person. Those who are filled with arrogance and greed are nothing but trouble. Xie Lian knew this and lived by it.