Chapter 12 Bitter Hostilely

Start from the beginning

As she left, Heine sat down, changing the subject.

Heine: So, you three plus the blond fellow and one with red eyes from yesterday make five, you're the Minerva's pilots.

Athrun: That's right.

Heine then turned over and looked at each of them in turn - first Athrun himself, then Nhazul , and then Lunamaria, saying as he did so.

Heine: You pilot the Saviour, the Sabre, and you, young lady, the ZAKU Warrior and the other fellows  ZAKU Phantom and the Impulse.

Turning back to Athrun, he continued,

Heine: And you're a member of FAITH - the Captain too.

Athrun: Right again...

Heine: Though few in number, you actually have considerable fighting strength...So why is the Chairman assigning me to such a powerful ship?

The three of them looked at Heine surprised.

Nhazul and Lunamaria: WHAT?!

Athrun: You'll be joining the Minerva, sir?

Heine: Yeah. Once I return to duty that is - I'll be coming by the ship later to officially introduce myself. You know, three FAITH members on one ship...could turn out to be a real pain in the ass. Anyway, I look forward to working with all of you. The Chairman has such high hopes for this ship - let's try not to disappoint him, shall we?

Athrun: Yes, sir.

A little while later, Athrun stepped outside and saw that Lacus was leaving. Against his better judgement he walked over to say good-bye, which she seemed happy about. After seeing them off, Lunamaria spoke up, once again in an annoyed tone.

Lunamaria: Now. How should I spend my day?

Nhazul: Hmm?

Nhazul followed Lunamaria back inside, as they waited by the elevator.

Lunamaria: I'd like to go into town, but it wouldn't be any fun going alone. I sorta feel sorry for Rey, so maybe I'll go back to ship.

Athrun: Why don't you go out with Nhazul?

Nhazul looked back and saw Athrun walking up to them,

along with Lunamaria gaining an annoyed look, making him raise a brow

along with Lunamaria gaining an annoyed look, making him raise a brow. As the three entered the elevator together, he spoke up to them.

Athrun: It's your days off. You should take it easy. I'll return to the ship, so don't worry about it.

Nhazul: Oh, alright.

Lunamaria: I see

Lunamaria: I see. You've already had your turn at taking it easy, Commander... with Ms Lacus.

Nhazul looked at Lunamaria confused, as Athrun looked at her, surprised.

Nhazul: Huh?

Lunamaria: That's right. In my opinion... I think you should've gone with Ms Lacus as her bodyguard.

Athrun: Lunamaria!

Lunamaria: You're a FAITH member, Commander. No one's gonna argue whatever you choose to do.

Seeing Lunamaria act disrespectful towards Athrun, confused Nhazul, as she's always normally head over heels for him, but he soon connected the dots, figuring something happened between them.

Nhazul's thoughts: ...-_-... Ah... Now I understand why she's in such a pissy mood...

(Timeskip)

After parting ways with Athrun, both Nhazul and Lunamaria proceeded to make their way into town, with Nhazul taking the two to a cafe. As Lunamaria sat at the table, still with an annoyed look, Nhazul had returned with cups of coffee and a few pastries.

Nhazul: Here. Hazelnut, 3 sugar cubes and plenty of creamer.

Lunamaria looked at Nhazul surprised that he remembered how she liked her coffee.

Lunamaria: Oh, thanks...

As Nhazul sat down, he took a sip of his coffee, he looked over at Lunamaria.

Nhazul: So, any particular reason why you've been a pissy mood?

Lunamaria just rolled her eyes, sipping her coffee.

Lunamaria: It's nothing...

Now his turn to roll his eyes, and took a muffin from the plate, taking a bite from it, before speaking up again.

Nhazul: Well, I already know why, I was just trying to not be rude.

Lunamaria just gave Nhazul a look.

Lunamaria: You? Not be rude? Have you met you?

Nhazul: I have, and I'm quite lovely.

Lunamaria: Uh, huh.

Nhazul: Anyway, back to the matter at hand. You're jealous of Lacus, right?

Lunamaria didn't say anything, now a bit annoyed, before taking a muffin, biting it, as Nhazul sighed.

Nhazul: Look Luna, I get you like Athrun, it's not hard to see. But you do realize she's technically his future wife. So it's kinda unfair to get mad at him over it.

Hearing this, Lunamaria just sighed, as she knew Nhazul was right.

Lunamaria: Yeah.... Yeah, I know. It's frustrating though... It's just the second time I've liked someone and couldn't get a chance.

Nhazul: Second? There was a first?

Lunamaria: There was this guy, who didn't pay me any mind.

Nhazul: Huh, sounds like a jerk.

Lunamaria then looked towards Nhazul.

Lunamaria: Still, it's still pretty weird.

Nhazul: What is?

Lunamaria: You defending Athrun. I thought you hated him like Shinn.

Nhazul just sipped on his coffee, as he sighed.

Nhazul: Let's just say I'm starting to have a different outlook on him.

Lunamaria: Hmmm.

Nhazul: ...-_-... Don't "Hmmm" me...

Lunamaria: Hey, let me ask you something.

Nhazul: What is it?

Lunamaria: Have you ever liked someone?

Nhazul: Yeah, I have.

Hearing Nhazul answer so quickly and nonchalantly surprised her.

Lunamaria: Wait, really? Who was it?

Nhazul: A girl back from the academy. I always found her to be so beautiful, and she had an amazing smile.

Hearing this, Lunamaria looked surprised, with a little hint of disappointment.

Lunamaria: Wow, I had no idea. Did you ever try and ask her out?

Nhazul: Nope.

Lunamaria: What?! Why?

Nhazul: You know how I was in the academy. I had no idea how to talk to girls in that sense, so I just didn't bother.

Lunamaria: Then why didn't you say something?! I would have definitely helped you out and given you advice.

Hearing this, Nhazul looked at Lunamaria, seeing her smile, he gave her a genuine smile back, before going back to his coffee.

Nhazul: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Lunamaria: You better!