"Even if he has lost a lot of blood it didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap" Daryl explained leading them to a smashed open window which they assumed was Merle.

"He left the building?" Glenn asked in disbelief "why would he do that"

"Why wouldn't he" Daryl responded "He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's gotta do. Surviving"

"You call that surviving?" T-dog asked still not able to wrap his head around while Merle would leave. "Just wondering out on the streets maybe passing out?"

"We'll I mean he doesn't know we came back for him. He has to get back and he can't do that stuck in here" Cassie said thinking about it but T-dog was still unconvinced.

"Still what are his odds out there?"

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks" Daryl shouted at the group. Cassie knew he was bout have another out burst of anger at some point and this was it.

She ran her hands over the part of her hair that was down due to her ponytail as Glenn put his head in his hands. Cassie was sick of hearing about how the group where terrible people for leaving Merle behind from Daryl she already felt guilty enough as it was.

"You couldn't kill him" Daryl said turning to Rick "Ain't so worried about some dead bastard"

"What about 1,000 dumb dead bastards? Different story?"

"Why don't you take a tally? Do what you want. I'm gonna go get him" Daryl replied to Rick clearly fed up with him.

"Daryl wait" Rick told the redneck putting a hand on his chest

"Get your hands off me!"He shouted at Rick.

"Guys shut up unless you want it to be feeding time for the walkers" Cassie hissed at the men who were currently staring each other down. If looks could kill they'd both be six feet under.

"You cant stop me" Daryl shouted ignoring the woman.

"I don't blame you" Rick spoke in a calmer voice now knowing how much sound attracted the walkers. "He's family. I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel" Rick was trying to get through to Daryl just as Cassie had but so far it wasn't working as Daryl just angrily stared at the man.

"He can't get far with that injury. We could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head."

"I could do that" Daryl agreed.

Finally there was a plan set in place they both agreed on and at the moment they weren't trying to rip each others throats out so Cassie would consider that a momentary success.

"Only if we get those guns first" T-dog spoke up. "I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions okay?"

"He's right" Cassie agreed knowing they should all have a weapon whilst in the city.

"What happened to 'Merle first' huh" Daryl turned to ask her using her words from earlier against her.

"We don't have those weapons and if we get attacked by a herd we're all dead. Only so many arrows. And we can't find Merle if we're dead so just calm the fuck down alright." As Cassie spoke she could feel her anger bubbling inside her as her voice became louder and louder. "We already decided we're gonna search a few blocks to try and find him so just shut up and let us get what we need to find your brother and not die in the process"

Once she was finished she turned away from the group slightly embarrassed by her sudden outburst. She heard footsteps run up beside her as she realised it was Glenn.