Chapter 3.

Im running alone in the streets, running away from some guards when suddenly, a bullet flew in my direction. I quickly duck my head down and hide behind a wall. The shot came from right in front of me. I aim my gun in that direction trying to see who shot at me. The person I see still aiming sends shivers down my spine. It's Will.

He has no expressions nor emotions in his face while he's pointing his gun at me, his friend. He's in a sim. He shoots at me again, barely misses his target. I can't help but panick at the thought of what was coming. I knew, in this exact moment, it was him or me. My whole body was trembling. I grabbed my gun so tightly that I thought it would shatter in my hands.

"Will!" I screamed, "Will it's me, Tris!" but he couldn't hear me. He was stuck in that sim and I couldn't do anything to help him. I aim my gun in his direction, placing my finger on the trigger. It's him or you tris. In a split second, I hoped that he pulled the trigger faster than me.

Sadly, the last thing I heard was a gun shot, and the sound of a body hitting the floor. But this body wasn't mine.

I woke up shaking badly. My mouth was dried up, I couldn't breathe and my cheeks were soaked from tears. It was a nightmare. I think I've had this same nightmare ever since it happened. Ever since I killed Will.

Months ago, I somehow been able to control these nightmares and I only had them once in a while. Probably because at the time, I had someone on my side to protect me from them. But now, I have em' every night.

I flushed that poor memory away and wiped my tears. I sat up on my bed when I heard a knock on my door. "Tris? Are you okay?" Christina asked, from the other side of the door.

"Hum yeah," i said weakly, "come in."

She opened the door, a troubled expression plastered on her features. I felt bad for causing her so much disturb. "I heard you scream Will's name, what happened?" I gulped, worried that the whole compound heard me.

"Huh, just a nightmare don't worry." I answered awkwardly. "You seem to have them quite often don't you?" Yeah no shit.

"I try to control it, but lately it gotten worse." She nodded, knowing the exact reason of that problem.

"Are they all about Will?" she asked, though I didn't really wanted to answer that. "No." I simply responded.

"What are the others about?" She asked too many questions for my liking. "Chris, just let it go please. It was just a stupid nightmare nothing to worry about."

She sighed and sat besides me. "You know, it's not your fault if Will is dead. You really had no other choice, it was either you or him." she said, trying to comfort me. Her words triggered something in me and tears started to stream down my face. Everyday, I try to convice myself the same thing. Everyday, I re think of that incident in my head, trying to find a way that maybe somehow it could've ended in another way. And I failed everytime. The only other way possible streched my heart, because I really wish I wouldn't hope it happened.

I looked at her with a look that said everything. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Tris," she warned, "I know what you're thinking. I forbid you to ever think like that." Little did she know, I thought about it everyday.

"I really wish it was me." I said, before sinking my head in my hands.

Christina patted my back and we stayed like that for nearly 20 minutes. Crying so much made my head hurt like hell and I had to go outside before I died of an headache.

"I need some fresh air." I groaned and got out of the appartment leaving Chris there.

XxXxX

It was around 12pm, the halls were empty, probably because everyone were working except for me. I took the day off. Anyways, who gets a tattoo on a Tuesday?