When I caught my breath, I finally was able to speak again, "Right, well when she stole those lip liners it was because Sage couldn't find a pen or a pencil– It was in the middle of summer and she didn't have her pencil case like she normally did. Well, she had the great idea of using the lip liners to write a note to me stating all the ways she wanted to be proposed to and all of the do's and don'ts."

His brows raised. "Wait, so do you know how you're going to do it?" He asked.

Yes.

I shook my head. He sighed loudly, reaching for the glass filled with champagne. "You've been in love with her for how long and you don't know how you will ask her to marry you?" He clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth, throwing back the champagne, and shaking his head as well.

Truth is, I had thought of the moment a million times.

But never have I ever found the right way to do it– or the right way to think of doing it. Doing it in the treehouse she would see it coming. Doing it in public, she would hate it. But doing it in the spur of the moment– would she love it?

Would she still be in love with me even after she's tied to me forever?

"Christ, you two are going to be the sneaky ones who run off and get married and not tell anyone until after the wedding." He muttered, reaching for the bottle this time. I swallowed my chuckle.

I twirled my thumb together as I sat awkwardly, waiting for her to come back to the table. "If you're going to marry her, make sure you don't name the kid Ben." Slater's voice was groggy from behind me.

I turned to stare at him, his arms were crossed over his chest as he slouched down into the chair. His fingers were scratching at his chin. My brows furrowed, "What?" I asked, a hit of humor in my tone.

"If you're going to marry my sister– don't name the kid Ben." He said, more seriously this time. I couldn't help the chuckle that left my lips. He stared at me out of the corner of his eyes. For the first time in a couple of years, we shared a laugh together.

I shook my head. "Don't worry, we're not going to name the kid Ben."

Slater went to say something else to me, but my phone rang in my pocket cutting him off. As I pulled it out, I peeked at the name, McGuthrie, and decided to send it to voicemail. However, as soon as the call was rejected, it was dialed again. I rolled my eyes letting a sigh leave my lips.

"One moment guys," I heaved myself out of the chair and walked toward the balcony doors. When I stepped out, the November air hit me in the face like something bad was coming. I brought the phone up to my ear and spoke, "What's up Guth? I'm at a family thing."

He laughed, and I heard music blaring in the background. "You are not going to believe this. I'm in Nice right now, even though I have to be on a plane tomorrow, but I'm in Nice right now and Mannon just ditched me for the Prince of Greece."

I let a chuckle fall out of my lips. "She left you for the Prince of Greece! Sheesh!" I said back.

He groaned, "I know man! One minute we were all over each other, feeding each other grapes and as soon as that blonde-haired, blue-eyed, crown-wearing, crown jewels-having prince walked in– she left me!" He yelled in shock.

I smiled. Ohhhh Guth.

"Don't worry buddy, she'll come back whenever she finds out he only goes after other royals." I teased.

"How do you know that?" He asked.

I scoffed. "I had playdates with him growing up– remember? I used to be the President of France's son." I said playfully. He laughed, a really loud laugh this time.