15: Where are you?

Your POV

My eyes widened at the sight of the gun and the direction he was holding it in. I froze—shock and fright taking over my body.

I knew right then.

Taehyung really did kill my brother. He was capable of it, despite his own story. And there I'd gone around trying to convince myself Taehyung wasn't a bad person.

He wasn't. He was a psycho.

"You killed my brother!" I yelled, standing up from my chair.

Taehyung's strong gaze shifted to me, his eyes softening as so. I stood, shaking, with anger and fright.

"You killed Jaemun." I said, my voice cracking half way through. A lump formed in my throat, saying it out loud.

Taehyung's eyebrows lifted, his lips parting. His gaze softened even more and for a moment, I felt like I saw regret in them.

He listened to me.

Jimin might've noticed Taehyung's loss of focus and reached to grab my wrist, but Taehyung's gaze became fierce again as he placed his other hand on the gun too, holding it in a steady grip.

"Taehyung stop!" I screamed, seeing the fire in his eyes.

He was really going to kill Jimin.

I realized that maybe I was the only way to save Jimin. Taehyung listened to me. I saw the way he was deeply focused as I talked.

"Why?" I sighed, lowering my voice.

Everyone in the bakery was either standing still or hiding behind the nearest object. Only Jimin, Taehyung and myself were standing.

"You know your little sister wouldn't want you to get this far out." I said hesitantly. Taehyung's arms lowered slightly as I talked, but as I took a step closer he lifted them back up.

"She'd hate to see you like this. She loves you so much and she only wants to see you happy. You know that, Taehyung." I stood still, but spoke with more confidence this time. I had to convince him.

"H-how do you know?" Taehyung's voice was small and trembling. It seemed as if a little boy was hidden inside the monster.

"Our friends told me. You should've told me Taehyung. I know how you feel. I've lost someone close to me too." As I said the words, Taehyung's gaze fell to the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at me. His gun was still pointed at Jimin, who stood still in utter silence, but his grip wasn't as tight anymore.

It worked.

"I don't blame you for it Taehyung. I can forgive you, maybe." I tried sounding convincing.

I would never be able to forget him. He killed my brother.

This was all bullshit to save Jimin from the monster in front of us.

"Y-you can?" Taehyung said.

His arms relaxed more, the gun was now pointed at Jimin's chest. Taehyung never noticed the gun falling closer and closer to the ground as he kept his eyes on me and me only.

"Maybe." I forced a smile.

Taehyung was a psychopath.

He killed my brother, stalked me for months and threatened to kill another person whom I loved.

But why?

I really wanted to ask him why.

Why my brother? Why me?