13: You're not alone

The letters stopped coming.

Since that day at the bowling center, I hadn't received one single letter.

My plan worked.

Taehyung believed it when he overheard Yejun's and my conversation about how I broke up with Jimin.

And best of all, Jimin was still my boyfriend.

We hadn't stopped seeing each other daily and I hadn't distanced myself at all.

It even hit me that the plan made Taehyung stop spying on me and stalking me too as I hadn't been very secretive about meeting up with Jimin. If Taehyung still kept an eye on me, he would've seen me and Jimin together.

But I was letter free.

And better yet, I did it all on my own. Nobody knew about the letters. It was my secret to forever hold onto.

I finally felt at ease. I felt like I could forget about the letters, enjoy my time with Jimin and finally my brother could get rest. 

But in the back of my mind, the letters still haunted me.

What was written in those letters haunted me. 

Remember Jaemun?

Taehyung had threatened me about something. He'd never written it directly, but it was obvious what was written between the lines. But... did Taehyung really kill my brother? Was he really capable of doing that?

I didn't resent him, 'cause I didn't believe it.

Taehyung had lost his little sister. He knew the feeling of losing someone so important. He knew the sorrow, hatred and regret. He couldn't have been capable of pushing those feelings onto me. No decent human being would be able to do that, and Taehyung seemed utterly harmless.

It was like our shared grief blinded me from the person he really was.

Because, just as I felt like I got him off my back, two weeks after the last letter, I received another one.

I'm watching you. You better take care of your boyfriend, Y/n.

After reading the letter, I wasn't conflicted at all anymore. It stood clear to me that Taehyung maybe wasn't the person he seemed as. There was something evil inside him and it scared me. It scared me like nothing had ever scared me before.

I remembered the numb feeling that coursed through my body as I stepped into the living room and the unbearable pain that hit me all at once as I heard the police officer say his name. "Ha Jaemun, your son, has been involved in an accident."

I never wanted to go through that feeling again.

I ignored Jimin for real now. I cut him off, broke up with him over text and blocked his number. I prayed that he wouldn't be heartbroken and I prayed that he would get over me quickly. I prayed that as I sobbed hysterically in my room for days, regretting everything but knowing it was the right thing to do.

I still didn't go to the police. Thinking it all over, what could they do. I would show them the letters, they would laugh and tell me to go home and wait until I receive serious threats they can actually use.

There was no way of proving Taehyung had written these letters.

It made me miserable. Taehyung made me miserable.

Narrator POV