Chapter 11: The Harsh Punch

Disclaimer: This chapter contains mild violence and mild swearing

"Ok, so what?" I asked defensively crossing my arms.

We had moved away from the clearing and onto a desolate corner of the beach, surrounded by palm trees. Tsireya stood across from me with kind eyes and a calm frame, her usual effortless elegant pose. Even so, she seemed to be hesitating.

"What is it?" I sharply asked, feeling uneasy.

Tsireya gulped lightly before she spoke, what she had to say seemed to be taxing enough that she had to summon her courage to say it.

"I'll just be honest" She began, a slight nervousness to her tone "I'm worried about you."

I raised a brow "What?" I questioned, clutching my crossed arms.

"Kaia, you just haven't been acting like yourself. I know people grow and change but you've...you've become someone else." She spoke maturely.

"Ever since the whole Akula incident, you've become so...bitter. Every job you do now is just to get ahead of him." She continued "And that whole tricktayö thing? That's not something you would ever do!" She lightly exclaimed, as she took steps closer.

My face was direct contrast to her tender expression, all that could be seen from my disposition was a sour look.

"You wouldn't understand...." I mumbled, hoping that would put an end to it. But Tsireya was always righteously persistent.

"But I want to." She affirmed "I really do. I never knew you to be anything but humble, hardworking and honorable." She listed "But the way you're treating that boy, Kaia. It's not right. You're trying to upstage him."

I cocked my head up as she lightly gripped my forearm.

"You're angry." She spoke firmly.

"So I'm asking why?" She said finally asked, face to face to me "Why are you so...so angry?"

I couldn't see the concern in her heart. I was unwilling to see anything but yet another mindless assumption, or as I saw in my head, an attack. She was right.

I was angry.

I kept my eyes on her, furiously beginning to furrow them "Seriously?" I stepped backwards "That's why you wanted to talk to me?"

Tsireya raised a brow "W-what do you mean?" she squeaked.

"You know, I am so..." I began, stepping out of her grasp "so sick of...people assuming how I feel. Why I do things. Why I act the way I do. I'm so sick of it." I snarled.

"Kaia...I'm not trying to assume anything." Tsireya assured "I'm just telling you what I've seen."

I frowned and shook my head.

"It's just...you have to agree" Tsireya stated "it really isn't fair the way you treat him. That tricktayö...it isn't fair."

With that, I snapped.

"Unfair?" I repeated "That's unfair?!" I scowled.

Tsireya began to pout nervously.