Chapter 1

You were sitting in your seat that was located on the left and on the first row. You were looking out of the window, listening as your classmates were cheerfully talking to each other. It was a day just like any other. The sun had risen like any other day, and it would eventually set... just like any other day. You didn't have any close friends, or friends at all even though you were considered popular among the students.

That popularity wasn't because of your personality though, it was just because of one name. Your last name, (L/N). Since your family was wealthy and well-known in all of Tokyo, you were bound to be in the spotlight. Your classmates and others would often try to spark up a conversation with you, but you knew what they had on their minds. Money.

You sighed as she saw another group of girls approach her.
—(Y/N)! Are you doing anything after school? Would you like to go gambling with us? —they said with huge smiles on their faces, clearly trying to persuade you.

—Gambling with you guys wouldn't be exciting at all... —you thought to yourself but couldn't say it out loud. Even though you didn't enjoy being popular, you still couldn't tarnish your family's name.

Then, like fate was helping you once again, you saw Mary Saotome walking down the hall, going to her class. You quickly stood up, catching the girls off guard.

—Sorry! I have to go talk to someone! —you smiled sweetly like you always did and rushed off.
You were rushing down the hallway to reach Mary before she got to her classroom.

—Mary! Good morning! —You said sweetly as she smiled.

Mary turned around and looked at you. Her expression showed that she was shocked to see you so soon, but she soon regained her composure.

—(Y/N)... Hello. —Mary said and stopped walking.
—How are you doing today? Where are you going?

You tried to act as cheerful as possible. After all, it wasn't every day that you could talk to Mary. In fact, that was the first time you saw each other after the Blackjack game. Mary's promise (And wish) was, thus, fulfilled.

—I guess I'm doing fine.

—Did I interrupt something?

—No, don't worry about it. In fact —Mary stared to the floor as she started that sentence. She doubted about it for a few seconds, but in the end, she got the conviction needed to finish it—, I don't know how to say it, but I have a little problem.

—Do you want me to help you out with that? —you said, smiling and looking at Mary with a growing confidence.

—Maybe! I don't have time to explain though.

You knew what it was about, and you instantly realized that you had to be there. There was another room waiting for you, and a lot of thrilling emotions sleeping in the deepest side of you. You knew that those emotions had to get up, so you nodded and impatiently said:

—It's fine, I'll follow you.