Chapter 26 (Yang Feng)

"Shut up! Don't bother us." The guard again rudely yelled at Chao Xing.
Chao Xing was taken back at his words. Was he not going to help her and let her die there? She wasn't expecting such a response from him.
Closing the window of the door the guard soon went away from there while Chao Xing stood there flabbergasted.
'How can people be this cruel?'
Reality struck her and she realised how cruel the people in that world can be. Dragging her feet to the bed again she sat there losing hope of getting out of there but despite all the troubles she was a girl who would never lose hope.
"I will just wait for someone to come and then find a way to run. I need to run away from this palace. This palace is not good for me. It's giving me bad vibes."
Sitting on the bed she pushed her body back so she could rest her back with the wall as she folded her knees.
"I don't even wanna sleep now. What if he comes here again and tries to kill me? "
Even the thought of him coming there to kill her again didn't sit well with her and she decided to stay awake for the rest of the time there.
She kept on sitting there lost in her thoughts when again her eye lids started to get heavy. Even though she was trying her best not to close her eyes and let sleep take over her still after some time she felt herself losing as she dozed off to her sleep……
On the other hand Wen Ting Hua finally reached his room. Closing the door of his room he went and sat down on the bed.
The room was quite big. There was a bed on its right side while on the left side there was a table on which Wen Ting Hua usually sits down to read or do necessary work. It also had a little shelf which was filled with different types of books.
"How is that girl going to tame my devil? She seems to be igniting him more and more." Wen Ting Hua said to himself as he drank the whole glass of water hurriedly while trying to catch his breath.
"But one thing….." He stopped for a second before further adding, "I have found the girl!"
A smile crept on his face remembering the girl. She looked timid and cute. Something inside him wanted to protect her, wanted her to be close to him.
"I need to get her out of there soon but I can't alert my enemies. I can't risk her life."
With this thought Wen Ting Hua started to think of a way to get her out but for that he would first need to get all the information why and how she was locked in the dungeon.
What did she do to make the aunt that angry?
Getting up from the bed he went and sat in front of the table.
"Guards!" He yelled so that the guards outside his room could hear him.
Soon a guard entered inside as he bowed down.
"Call Yang Feng here!" Wen Ting Hua ordered.
The guard in an instance bowed down more, "Yes, your majesty!" and went out of the room with his head bowed.
After some time Yang Feng entered the room, "Your majesty!"
Wen Ting Hua stood up from his seat and went towards him, "I have found the girl!"
Yang Feng suddenly got alert and with dilated pupils he looked at Wen Ting Hua, "Who is she?"
"She is locked in the dungeon.." Wen Ting Hua said as he turned around.
"What why?" Yang Feng asked hurriedly.
Yang Feng was the closest friend of Wen Ting Hua. After Wen Ting Hua was sent to the palace Yang Feng along with him came here in the palace and helped him in establishing his name here.
The people there were rebellious in the start and of course the empress wanted Wen Ting Hua to come there but her plans got ruined when Wen Ting Hua got control over the city with his skills.
"It was the order of my aunt." Wen Ting Hua explained further, "I don't know what she did either. But I want you to find out and make a plan to get her out of there. I am giving this job to you from now on. You have to protect her."
"Don't worry, your highness! I will protect her and will find a way to get her out of there."
"I am sure you will!" Wen Ting Hua gave a firm nod as he said that.
Yang Feng bent down his head a little, "I will go do some inspection about the matter."
With that Yang Feng went out of the room and went straight to his room not before ordering the guards to call Fei Hong at his quarter.
Soon Fei Hong came with her head bowed. She stood there as she waited for Yang Feng to start speaking.
"Report about the recent things in the palace. What happened while I was gone?" Yang Feng asked.
After Wen Ting Hua he had the whole authority of the palace. All the matters were reported to him including the palace maid affairs.
"Nothing much, my lord but….." She stopped for a second.
"But?" Yang Feng urged her to continue saying.
"A maid had a fight with a maid from a noble family. I reported her to her highness and now she is locked in the dungeon." Fei Hong explained the situation to Yang Feng.
"Okay! I will look at this matter myself. Keep an eye on all the girls in the palace including everyone despite their rank. I don't want any more problems in the palace."
Fei Hong nodded her head and bowed with respect as she said, "Yes, my lord."
"Good! You can go now!" Yang Feng ordered.
With that Fei Hong bowed again and soon went out of there……