Chapter 12 (Beauty from The Modern Era)

Chao Xing finally got up from the wooden chair and wrapped the towel around her body which covered her from her chest to her knees.
After she was done she stepped out of the bath as she flung her hair to the back gaining attention from everyone present there.
All the girls present there were shocked to see Chao Xing. Seeing the clear and perfect skin of Chao Xing and her sharp facial features, everyone's eyes went wide. She looked no less than any princess.
Her situation was very bad when she came there, she was covered in dirt and blood.
But now after she was clean, everyone was shocked seeing the beauty standing in front of them. The towel hugged her body showing her perfect curves.
Water trickled down from her hair and onto her body. She jerked her hair to remove the excess water out of them.
Ignoring everyone's gaze on her, she went straight to Fei Hong as she got her clothes from her and went to change in the second room.
The other three girls who came with Chao Xing and Lin Qin actually started getting jealous of Chao Xing.
As soon as Chao Xing went inside one of the girls whispered to the other, "She looks like a seductress. I am sure she is going to seduce many men here."
The other girl laughed sarcastically at that, "But I am sure she won't be able to seduce anyone of good rank here."
Lin Qin heard the girls talking about Chao Xing and got annoyed, "You know you shouldn't gossip about someone like this. Look at yourself first before commenting on others."
The girl scoffed and turned a little to look at Lin Qin who was giving her a daring look.
"We are at least pretty and better than her."
Lin Qin left out a light chuckle, "Yeah right." She further added, "That's why you are gossiping here after getting jealous."
The other two girls were shocked and at the same time embarrassed listening to her words.
"You…"
The girl was just about to come to Lin Qin again when they heard Mei Fen's voice full of authority and challenge.
"Stop it girls. Behave yourself." She further gave them a daring look, "You all are standing in the great palace of Tianqing. No fights nor any mannerless maid will be tolerated here."
All the girls including Lin Qin again got in the line and stood straight with their heads bowed down. No one dared to say anything anymore after that.
While Chao Xing on the other hand couldn't get how to wear those clothes given to her. In her Era she would always prefer baggy clothes or skirts but never wore any traditional clothes before, she could only remember a YouTube short which she saw once, in it a girl was showing how to wear a Chinese traditional dress.
At that time she carelessly watched and then swiped up. She didn't know even a short video would help her in her life afterwards.
Picking up the white top that had narrow sleeves she put it on.
"This skirt is too long. Does this have to be above my chest or lower?"
She kept looking at it for some time when she decided to peek out of the room to see how other girls were wearing it. Slowly opening the door just a little so that no one would be able to see her peeking out she looked at Lin Qin.
Lin Qin had the skirt secured above her chest. She hurriedly closed the wooden door again when Mei Fen looked at the door.
Chao Xing put up the green skirt. She secured it above her chest. She realised there were two strings on both sides. She pulled the strings tightly to secure it on her chest and then tied it making a cute little bow.
"I guess I did a pretty good job."
Clapping her hands together, satisfied with the dress she finally opened the door and went out.
She put her one hand on her waist while the other over it as she gracefully walked towards where other girls were standing. Mei Fen gave her an analysing gaze from head to toe when she was satisfied with all the girls.
She turned towards Fei Hong, "Take them to the servant quarter and start teaching them manners to live in the palace."
Fei Hong nodded her head once.
"Come on girls come with me." She said as she started walking out of the bath.
All the girls followed her again in a straight proper line. Lin Qin looked here and there excitedly at all the flowers.
Chao Xing smiled a little at her childish behaviour. She was walking quite gracefully behind her keeping her posture straight. She looked both elegant and graceful in that attire.
"I feel like a princess like those in the Chinese movies." She smiled a little at her thoughts.
Soon they reached the servant quarter. There was a long row of beds which was a little high compared to the floor. There were two steps to get on the bed.
Fei Hong took the girls straight to a distant end. There were five beds there, Fei Hong pointed at them as she said, "You girls can rest for now. Take a bed each. I will start teaching you tomorrow."
All the girls bowed their heads. Fei Hong left from there after all of the girls were standing in front of one bed each.
There was a soft sheet on the bottom with a blazer and a soft pillow. Everyone went and lay down. Lin Qin excitedly jumped on it.
"I am going to get a good sleep today. The bed is so soft." She exclaimed happily.
Chao Xing smiled at her, "Take a rest. You deserve it."
She too smiled back at Chao Xing. Soon both lay down. With her mind still stuck in that riddle Chao Xing put her head on the pillow but as soon as she put her head on the pillow she felt her eyes getting heavy and soon she fell into a deep slumber...
If you want to support the author read the book on webnovel. Vote comment and review there.
Contact the author:
Facebook Author zoa
Instagram author_zoa
Discord ZOA #4671