Chapter 18 (First Riddle)

Chao Xing was just about to leave when suddenly her eyes went to the table where Lin Qin was sitting but she was nowhere to be seen anymore.
"Where did she go?"
Chap Xing looked here and there when her eyes went on her from afar. She was walking quite fastly.
Chao Xing also started to move swiftly in order to catch up to her.
"Lin Qin?"
She called out from the back but she already left and went towards the room and directly on her bed.
Sitting on the bed she folded her knees and put her forehead on her knees, she sat there.
Chao Xing too reached in the room and saw her sitting there curled up like a ball. Approaching her she sat down near her not making much sound.
Lin Qin knew Chao Xing sat beside her just now but she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at that moment.
"What happened to you? You seemed dull today." Putting her hand on Lin Qin's hand she asked, feeling concerned about her.
"No! I am okay."
She didn't put her head up.
"Hey it's okay you can tell me."
"I.... I don't know." Dragging her sentence she finally looked up and continued, "I don't like anything anymore. I don't want to live anymore."
Chao Xing narrowed her eyes, getting annoyed by all the cry babies around her, 'Why does everyone here keep saying this? Why are they all always crying and giving up on life so easily?'
Pushing aside the thought she sighed and asked Lin Qin, "Why? What happened to you? You were so excited and happy after coming here and suddenly this?"
"I don't have anyone in these words nor do I have any reason to live. Why am I still alive?"
Lin Qin had some tears in her eyes which she wiped them off by the back of her sleeve.
Chao Xing dragged herself a little near towards her, giving her a reassuring smile she tried encouraging her, "Why are you saying this? You don't need anyone to be alive. It's your life. Live it like you want even if you have to be alone."
"I don't want to anymore. I am just....... I am tired." Sitting up straight, wiping those tears again she added, "You know yesterday mom and dad came in my dream. They were hugging me and calling me towards them. I want to die and go to them."
"No! You are taking this wrong. Maybe they were hugging you wanting to tell you to be happy in the world. They would always be there with you in your heart and in your mind."
"But.... She was calling....." Lin Qin dragged her words looking down.
"Look girl! It all depends on how you think. Remove this negativity and the thought of dying. Dying is for losers. Think positive and look forward to finding peace."
She finally looked up with a smiling face and looked at Chao Xing, "Thanks."
Chao Xing hugged her and she too hugged her back with their eyes closed.
"It was just a dream and not reality." Chao Xing patted her back as she said, trying to let her be less worried.
Suddenly Chao Xing's mind hit a thought. Her mind went on her own words and somewhat she tried making sense.
Remembering the riddle she narrowed her eyes.
"Wait a minute..."
'Why do these words relate to the riddle?'
For a moment she forgot about Lin Qin. Letting go of her she pulled herself back from that hug and started thinking about the riddle.
"Dream? Reality? May seem real yet not."
She hurriedly got the book out which was kept under her pillow.
Lin Qin on the other hand seemed to be confused. She couldn't understand what Chao Xing was talking about and what she was doing, "What happened? What are you talking about?"
"I think I got it." Chao Xing looked up to her with a big smile on her face.
"Got what?"
Lin Qin was getting more and more curious by each passing moment and Chao Xing didn't seem to care about that for now.
All she cared about was to find the answer to the riddle.
Ignoring Lin Qin, Chao Xing opened the book and moved to those certain pages where only the book could talk to her.
She stopped for a moment looking at that page intensely not knowing if she got the answer or not but whatever she still wanted to try.
With hesitation and hope in her eyes she let those words out of her mouth, "Is the answer to the riddle.... Dream?
As soon as she said something started to appear on the page of that book.
[Dream]
The word got written above the page and some other words too started to appear on the centre of the page.
[Good. You were able to complete the first riddle.]
Reading that a big smile appeared on Chao Xing's face, she couldn't control her smile which completely showed her happiness and satisfaction which she got after finding the answer to that riddle.
"Great."
Looking at Lin Qin she smiled more, "I can't believe I solved it."
Lin Qin narrowed her eyes not knowing why she was getting this happy and excited looking at a book.
What was going on? The poor girl couldn't get it.
"Will you tell me something? Solved what? What is going on? What did you solve?"
With curiosity she hurriedly threw all her questions at Chao Xing.
Chao Xing who was too excited and forgot about Lin Qin. She got that book out in front of her and even told her about the riddle.
Chao Xing's eyes widened, realising her mistake. From excitement to shock, her expressions changed into a worriedness look.
Did she just let her secret out this easily?
What will happen now? What was she going to say to Lin Qin?
"Whose book is this, Chao Xing?" Increasing her worriedness Lin Qin asked.
"I......"