I

Jungwon

I carefully left my sister's room after she finally calmed down after her nightmare haunts her again. She's been having nightmares lately and it causes her to have sleepless nights. I went downstairs and grab myself a glass of water when I saw my mom's medicine on the table and it is almost out. Just three or four tablets left. Added to that, the electricity bill is also stuck on the fridge with magnets and I almost want to scream at the amount. Electricity has been rising so high lately and I can't keep up.

But what made me tear up was the notice from the bank.

The thing is, after my parents separated, we found out that my dad borrowed money from the bank and placed the house as a collateral and then he left us. So it is either we pay the debt or we loose our house.

I decided to not continue with my studies in order for me to focus on working and earning money to help pay the bank. Unfortunately for us, the interest is so high that it just kept piling up.

We own a small flower shop that was quite a success but ever since the bigger and newer flower shop opened a few blocks away, we barely have any costumer and the flowers that were not sold is our loss because they will wither. My mom wanted to sell the property but I didn't want to. Even if we sell that property, it won't pay even half of the debt and in case we won't be able to pay for the debt, at least we can live in there.

My mom's maintenance medicine is also one problem because it is not cheap but she has to have it continuously.

I am working at a nearby restaurant as a server and I know that won't be enough if I want to keep the house, buy my mother's medicine, send my sister to school and pay for our daily life. My mother can always help but given her condition, I don't think I would want her to work.

I went to my room and opened my contacts.

Hopefully he's still awake.

"Jungwon?"

"Hi Sun. . . uhm, are you busy?"

"Not really, I just finished some paperwork. . what's up?"

"Oh . . uhm, do you know any place I can work?"

"Work? Jungwon are you sure?"

"Yeah. ."

"But you're already working 9 hours a day"

"I know but it's not enough. . . a night shift will be necessary"

"Wonie.  .  . - -"

"Please? I need another one . ."

"Ok . . I'll see what I can do.  . I'll call you"

"Thanks Sunoo. .. "

"Please don't overdo it. .take care of yourself too "

"I will"

Sunoo is my best friend and he's been with me ever since we were little. He knows about my problem and even offered to help us pay the bank but I refused. He's done so much including helping us with the bill of my sister when she was hospitalized because of dengue.

He also is the one who got me the job at the restaurant. It is too much if he will help us with the bank.

Not even an hour later after we spoke,  he already forwarded me a location and the description.

"There's a bar that is not far away from the restaurant you're working at the moment. . they are looking for a server. It is a night shift. You can check it out"