.

.

.

"where are they?" taeyong stares impatiently at his watch while the 6 others just shrug.

"tae, i have to leave in 5 minutes cause i'm expecting a call," doyoung reminds the older who just sighs.

"can you maybe hold it off until you've seen him? after all, he's going to be working for all of us; it might be nice for him to get used to our faces."

"fine, maybe for 5 more minutes, just let me send the clients an email," the other takes his phone out and immediately starts working on the message.

"where's johnny and mark?" jaehyun asks. "they were here in the office first."

"we're here."

johnny and mark both enter with surprisingly normal appearances, although sicheng could see their slightly red lips and some purple marks on the younger's neck... but he doesn't need to mention that.

"where is he, i told him to be here at 8:45 on the dot?" jungwoo takes his phone and was about to call the new secretary's number when the office phone rings. he picks it up and speaks into it.

"what is it kun?" he asks.

"moon taeil just arrived, he is going up the elevator. i thought that you would want an update."

"that is very appreciated, thank you."

"ok, he's gonna be here in a minute so i need to tell you guys some things," taeyong turns to the 7. "starting with...you."

he points at sicheng, who was sitting closest to the door and the chinese tenses up at how serious taeyong looks.

"you have a history of looking super cold and scaring people away so please, at least smile. i don't want to have to go through the applications again, it was too much work the first time."

he then turns to jaehyun, sitting looking unbothered as always.

"don't say anything snarky or sarcastic."

"don't jump on him and say he's cute, even though he is," pointing to donghyuck.

"don't act hyper and ask weird questions," mark gulps.

"same as jaehyun, but don't try to pull an angry face," yuta nods with uninterest.

"i'm not worried about you but don't leave in the middle," doyoung gives a thumbs up.

"and finally, you," taeyong turns to johnny and the others swear his eyes became darker than ever. "don't even try to do anything to make him leave. i already know that you are the one most against this but i don't need you to act like that to someone who hasn't done anything. and i can tell you right now that he is different from the others. understand?"

now don't get johnny wrong, he hates the idea of having a secretary, he really does. but one look at taeyong and he knew that if he wanted to live another, it was best to just stay quiet and nod along.

the elevator dings and jungwoo rushes to greet the opening doors, giving the others a gesture to settle down before turning to say hi to the newcomer.

"hi taeil!"

.

.

.

never in the 27 years he's lived, did taeil ever think he would be surrounded and stared at by 9 men, who also happened to be one of the most powerful ceos in the country as well.

"taeil, you were a bit late today," taeyong shows a raised eyebrow and taeil bows immediately.

"i'm so sorry for that. i actually got a bit lost on the way here so i had to use a map for a bit to finally at least know where i was. it's not a good reason though," and even when he finished, his head was still in a bowing position and eyes closed not daring to look up.

ok, this really shocked everyone. not only did taeil not know how their building looked, which was really hard to miss considering it was the biggest in the area, but also that the male had spoken more than 10 words on their first meeting. something no one dared to do.

taeil opens his eyes but continues to stare at the ground. jungwoo approaches him and pats his shoulder.

"don't be so intimidated, you might have heard some things about us but i promise they're all nice people," the ceo can't help but internally scream at how cute taeil looked like this but managed to compose himself. the secretary just nods and takes a deep breath before looking up but he immediately regretted it.

"you!"