Her tone was very gentle, but each word from her mouth weighed heavier than gold and smashed into Jimin's heart like a hammer.

White noise filled his head. He never expected Jeon Yeo-Jin to take advantage of his "withdrawal" to teach a lesson to the other competitors, but at the same time, her speech made every drop of blood in his body boil with passion.

He knew that nothing was truly fair, and his parents had often mentioned similar concepts to him. Every time, Jimin only felt pestered and annoyed, and despite it having some subliminal influence, its overall effect on him was quite small.

But now, he felt as if he'd suddenly seen the light!

Even though Jeon Yeo-Jin's words were targeted towards everyone present, but in Jimin's mind, they were specifically spoken for his sake.

This lady was truly too amazing. With only a single glance, she was able to clearly understand the twists and turns that shrouded his thoughts.

Yes, the reason he withdrew was precisely because he wasn't strong enough yet.

He didn't want to depend on dumb luck, on a botched provocation, or on Taehyung's tolerance and assistance to stand on this stage, to receive this applause.

He was afraid, so rather than be eliminated later, he chose to forfeit now.

Jeon Yeo-Jin turned back around, once again looking at Jimin. With a gentle smile and an encouraging gaze, she said, "Next time, if you can still give this kind of performance, I will accept your request. When you have obtained the power to choose, then we can talk about 'withdrawing'."

Jimin was awash in shame and guilt, but at the same time, he wanted to completely bow down to her words.

He retracted his raised hackles, and like a small animal who had been tamed, obediently nodded his head.

The talent show portion was over. Those who passed would be put through another trial, and those who were eliminated left one after another.

As Jimin walked out of the auditorium, a shadow dashed up from behind. "Wow, Jimin, I never knew you played piano so well!"

Jimin saw that it was the bel canto boy from his school. It seemed the other two girls became impatient and had left earlier, so only he remained. He had been wandering around the TV station and then covertly slipped into the auditorium, coincidentally catching Jimin's performance.

Jimin walked to a vending machine and bought a coke.

The bel canto guy stood next to him and kept muttering, "Aye, to be eliminated after that amazing performance, I think there's definitely some fishy business going on!"

Jimin's lips twitched. Did this guy not hear Jeon Yeo-Jin's speech?

"So I was eliminated, no big deal," Jimin replied. "There were so many talented people, so how far could I have gone on luck alone?"

He didn't tell the other that he had chosen to "withdraw". That wasn't something worth bragging about.

When they were about to leave, the other boy mentioned that he needed to go to the restroom, so they both went. Jimin came out first and stood next to the door waiting for his classmate.

Two girls who were also eliminated passed by, covering their giggles as they excitedly gossiped, "I heard that the hot guy who played violin earlier is Ms. Jeon Yeo-Jin's son!"

"Ah? For real? My god, no wonder he was so handsome and outstanding... But Ms. Jeon looks so young. I can't believe she has a son as old as we are!"

"TV hosts are all good at maintaining their youth. Take Jai Hao, or Suho, can you tell how old they are?"