Season 1 Chapter 7: the plan/ a shocking discovery

I'm about to be an entire douche for not telling you this in chapter 4 XD for reference you can skip to the part of this chapter where Nightmare Steve and Light go face to face with each other ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Time 2-3 weeks later*

*Light's POV*

*Light please open the door.....you haven't came out since Sabre was taken...* "go away Thery...." Thery went silent on the other side of the door and receding footsteps told me he left.... I really haven't been myself lately and who could blame me? my best friend and now brother was taken a few weeks ago and I didn't stop it, I'm literally the embodiment of Light and the colorless guard leader I should've been able to stop it.

I started hearing voices in my head saying 'you failed' or 'terrible leader' those ones didn't affect me but the one that did the most was 'you failed him' "shut up....shut up......shut up" I was trying to ignore them but they grew louder and louder every minute, it was getting to the point where I would've gouged my ears out.

my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door "I said go away Thery....." but when I got no response I got suspicious and got out of the bed "ugh.. Thery if you think the silent treatment is gonna get me to step out of my room your wrong-" the second I opened the door though I got a hand to my mouth and was pulled back into my room with the door closing "MMH! MHEY MLET MO!" "will you shut up? were trying to check on something" a voice spoke out in an accent it kinda sounded like Colle's but not a lot.

"you have the device?" "yes don't rush me Liora" the one who was keeping their hand on my mouth was Liora so who was the other one?, I tried to open my eyes but was met with a tail on them "nice try buddy we can't have you seeing anything yet" "Constelle you don't have to sound rude all the time besides this is one of his highnesses friends and adoptive family" so the other one was Constelle..... okay at least I know the names now- why do I feel electricity on my neck- "MNG!" "GH! a little heads up next time!? he's a struggler" 'yeah no I don't want to be zapped!!' I started to try and wiggle my way out of one of their grasps but damn they're strong!!.

"GH! stop struggling this will make sense when his power is out of you" what do they mean by 'his power?' about 5 minutes later the electricity stops and the tail is out of my face "how you feeling warrior?" I feel.....better? what did they do?- wait did she just call me a warrior? "I....guess..... what did you do?" "Nightmare Steve had his magic go on a little journey to take control of you... we were lucky we made it at the last second" wait huh?! Sabre wasn't the only one Hypnotized?! "Wait if Sabre's not the only one hypnotized by Nightmare Steve then who else?" I asked "Unfortunately there are others under the Steve's control.... all of the ones we saved all mentioned they were tasked as guards of the sort or high class elites to the nightmare himself along as personal bodyguards to someone" Liora informed they must be the information gatherer.

"That someone was who we deduced to be his highness but no matter how many times we tried to cut down the majority of Steve's under his control something keeps bringing them back up" after hearing that I got into a train of thought 'aren't I suppose to be the bringer of light? I mean Nightmare was corrupted by darkness so maybe...' "what if I cure them? I'm an embodiment of light and I defeated Nightmare Steve before" I finish.

"Hmm that's not a bad idea, Constelle do you think you can upgrade our device so that the bringer of light could pure and entire castle worth of Nightmare Steve's followers?" Liora asked catching on to what I was getting at "of course I can, but the amount of power he would have to spend would leave him exhausted and powerless for months-" Constelle was going to continue countering the idea but I cut her off "if it gets Sabre back I don't care besides this will be a type of paying Sabre back with all the times he saved us" the determined glare in my eyes made her just sigh an agree.