Thinking of this, he became somewhat uneasy.

There weren't a lot of groups left, and after another 20 minutes, everyone's improv performance and the critiques came to an end.

Except for Jimin's.

Teacher Haan turned around and beckoned, "The student that was the odd one out? Come on up."

Under a sea of gazes, Jimin slowly walked onstage. He didn't dare to look directly at Taehyung, but seeing out of the corner of his eye that the other and Jeon Yeo-Jin both standing up, he became more certain that their relationship wasn't simple.

In the few seconds it took Jimin to walk forward, his brain was still on overdrive, wondering what he should do if Taehyung recognized him, wondering if he should introduce himself first......

But when he arrived in front of the other, he saw Taehyung looking at him as a complete stranger.

With a gaze that held not a sliver of familiarity, curiosity, or even a care, it was like the other was seeing him for the very first time.

Jimin felt as if someone drench him with cold water, and the expectations and worries he had moments ago were washed away just like that.

...As expected, Taehyung had already forgotten about him.

Although he did somewhat expect it, but experiencing this first-hand, Jimin still found it hard to swallow.

He spent all that time worrying if Taehyung would recognize him, and that made this feeling of loss all the more prominent.

Jimin numbly stood in front of Taehyung as he heard Jeon Yeo-Jin say, "Come, one of you plays piano, the other plays violin, so pick a random song for your improv. You have 3 minutes to prepare."

Taehyung didn't bother saying anything to him, and after giving Jimin a 'follow me' glance, turned around and walked up the stage first.

This reaction differed vastly from Jimin's first impression of him. The Taehyung in Jimin's memories was very friendly and gave people a warm, sunny feel, but the Taehyung in front of his eyes was chilling and cold, as if he was a completely different person.

But the biggest travesty of them all wasn't Taehyung's attitude, but his height.

Jimin had seen his pictures and could estimate how tall the other was, but it wasn't until they stood face to face that he felt life was unfair.

The Taehyung before his eyes was already over half a head taller than he was!

It was only a year and a half prior that they were around the same height......

Now, not only did Jimin feel that he lagged behind the other in terms talent, but he was lower in the literal, physical sense as well.

There was a piano onstage and Jimin walked directly to it. Sitting down, he used the same cold and detached gaze to look at Taehyung.

He knew that his own attitude was influenced by the other's, but he couldn't quell the rage that burned in his heart.

Taehyung didn't seem to care and asked, "What are you going to play?"

The young boy's voice contained traces of the roughness that's often heard during one's voice changing period.

Jimin purposefully deepened his own as he replied, "Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata."

Taehyung nodded and placed the violin on his shoulder. "Then you start first. I'll play accompaniment."

The tone was seemed to imply that this was just another normal practice session, and it grated on Jimin's nerves.