Sixteen - The Fight at the Park

Emmi's POV:

All through lunch, my mind spun. I didn't know what I wanted, did I? Did I really want a new relationship so soon? I had stared at the doodle I did during lunch and I think it was clear of what I really wanted. I pulled the doodles out of my pocket as we sat on a bench in a nearby park and studied them.

One was me hugging a stuffed heart, my heart. The second one was Maddox and I, he lightly teasing me and me being annoyed. The third was me and Zach with a zigzagged like between us going down. The fourth was Maddox and Wes worrying about me. And finally, the fifth was Maddox holding my heart and kissing me on the cheek.

My heart fluttered at the last one and I felt Maddox look over, "You gonna show me or am I gonna have to take it?" He chuckled.

I tried to fold it back up, but he was too quick. "Hey! Give it back!" I pouted, reaching for it.

"Nope. I wanna see your cute doodles from lunch." He began opening them and I panicked.

I scrambled to grab it, but when I got a hold of it, it ripped down the middle. He gasped and let go. I suddenly heard laughing in the distance and I sunk down, hugging my knees tightly. "Good one, Evans. I never liked her art either."

Maddox's head wiped towards the voice and I peaked to see if anyone was with him. "Zach, why are you here?" He growled, gripping the back of the bench until his knuckles were white. He eyed the beautiful blonde next to him and I could tell she had a strange vibe to her. Maybe she was like Zach.

"To torment Emmi worse than you have. She was always easy to bully." Zach smirked. I heard the girl beside him laugh.

Maddox stood up and walked toward him. I heard footsteps come toward me and I looked up slowly to see the pretty blonde girl giving me a dark smile. My eyes grew wide and I squeaked, hiding back behind my knees. "You're not getting away that easily, Emmi." She hissed and pulled me up off the bench.

I fell off the bench and caught a glimpse of Maddox taking punches from Zach. Why aren't you punching back? Hit him, Maddox! I screamed in my head. Finally, the bad boy took a swing at Zach. That's all I saw before my hair was pulled back. "Ah!" I shouted. I grasped for the girls hand, hoping to try and release it, but she had a strong grip.

That's when it hit me, I needed to stop being so scared. I elbowed her in the stomach and she let go of my head. I grabbed her hair instead and threw her in an arm lock behind her back. "Leave me the hell alone!"

Maddox turned, stopping his beat down on Zach and our eyes met. He smiled, got off Zach and walked toward me. The girl cried and pleaded me to let her go, but I didn't right away. "We will stop bothering you. Please, just let me go."

I let her go and shoved her away from me. "Leave me and Maddox alone. And my friends. Anyone who is around me at any time, do not touch them." I glared, clenching my fists.

Zach got up and spit blood on the ground. "I will never stop getting to you, Emmi. You will be afriad of me forever. That was why I did what I did to you and to Jamie."

"I refuse to be afraid of you anymore! You have caused me so much pain that I have to live with, and I am sick and tired of your bullying and threatening texts and phone calls!" I shouted.

I was going to storm off with Maddox, but Zach pulled me back hard by the wrist with rage. I whimpered, and I reached for Maddox, but he couldn't get to me in time. "You're lying to me, Emmi. You know I hate lying."

My face scrunched and my body tensed, like it usually did when it felt like I was in trouble. I felt several punches to my gut as I fell to the ground and a couple to my face. Then I felt a heavy weight on my chest while more punches collided into my face. I wanted it to stop, but I couldn't move to stop it. Then, someone ripped me from the beatings. My body took a few minutes to untense, but I felt strong, protective arms around me and heard sirens. I opened my eyes to see Zach struggling to get away from the officers hold and other officers questioning Maddox as he held me tightly. "What happened?" I groaned.

The bad boy looked down and sighed with a worried smile across his lips. "Thank god you're okay."

I tried to sit up on my own, but it hurt too much. "Don't move, miss. We need to get you to the nearby hospital to get looked at. Is there anyone we need to contact to let them know where you will be?"

"My parents," I groaned. I looked at Maddox and he took over for the rest of it. He had been coming over once a week for Brooks, so he knew a little bit of the information they needed.

They got me on a stretcher and put me in the ambulance. Maddox told me he'd go get Brooks and meet me there, but deep down I wanted him right next to me. I now knew how much Maddox meant to me and how I truly felt about him.