Chapter 7 Memorial

Start from the beginning

Nhazul just sighed, walking back into this room, followed by Lunamaria, as he just sat on his bed, holding his head in his hands.

Nhazul: Look, Luna... I get it... I know you're just trying to help, but it's not that simple...I can't just go...

Lunamaria: But It might do you some good. I don't know how you or Shinn feel. My little sister is still alive... But to have a place to honor and remember them might help you in a way.

Nhazul: ...

Lunamaria: This might be your only chance to go, Nhazul.

Nhazul: ...

(Timeskip)

After being convinced by Lunamaria, Nhazul managed to muster the courage to go visit the memorial.

Dressed in his civilian clothes, Nhazul was in the process of making his way there, but in the distance, Nhazul could see Shinn walking alone

Nhazul's thoughts: Shinn... I wonder did he go or mow...

The gaps in his memories were evident; he didn't recognize anything while heading there. He couldn't really think about anything nor notice anything going on around him. Along the way he had managed to buy some flowers; Jasmine, a favourite of his sister, Lillie.

Nobody asked him where he was going and no glances were spared probably because the closer he got to the memorial the heavier his heart seemed to grow and the more afraid he seemed to get. Visiting the memorial was like exposing himself to the spirits of the past, to show them what had become of him after all that had happened. Would his family be proud? Would they disapprove?

Nhazul didn't notice the sun going down, nor walking through the sand and off the road to the secluded beach where the memorial was standing. It was spread out along the corner area of the beach; surrounded by trees on one side and the ocean on the other. A walkway surrounded by flowers and marmer plates listing all the victims which led to a raised platform on which a monument stood; a tall pillar with the marking of a sun.

Nhazul stopped walking and looked around, hands tightly around the Jasmin flowers. There were names on the marmer plates and he wondered if Zane and Lillie's names were amongst those listed. He felt anxious being here; the trees were similar he realized, similar to those in his nightmare and suddenly he felt incredibly small, almost as if he had turned back into the boy he was back in those days.

Getting closer, Nhazul realized a person was standing off to the side near what seemed to be a tombstone. The stone was set away from the rest of the memorial; near the cliffs and the ocean and was adorned with flowers. The person next to it had not noticed his presence but when something; a mechanical bird of sorts, flew off his shoulders while making noise he looked up.