109: Wasted

He heard it.

When he walked through the street he could hear it. A distant sound of painful moans and cries. Jungkook couldn't tell if it was from the bushes or the empty building in front of him, but it sounded so clear in this quiet neighborhood. Seems like someone's been hurt. He immediately picked his phone and called the police. There's definitely a person there, needed some help.

The operator said the cops were on the way, but as he waited impatiently the squeals and faint cries started to get muffled, just like when you tried to close someone's mouth when they wanted to scream. Jungkook could deal with someone shrieking, but not with sudden silence. He scanned the building trying to find where the voice possibly came from, his heart was racing fast, full of worry and curiosity.

Fuck it.

Jungkook decided to go into the abandoned building. When the cops arrive it may be too late to save the victim (or at least that's what he learned from watching true crime documentaries). Sacrificing himself to go face to face with the bad guys also felt like a bad idea, but it was better than letting someone continue torturing someone else without him doing anything.

The building was rotten from the unfinished cements and the nonexistent doors, making it sensitive to rain and sunlight. There was already tall grass and weeds all around it, making it hard to enter. The building only contains 2 floors although from the structure he could see that the owner, whoever that was, actually planned to make it a 6-8 stories building. Maybe an apartment. It was rare to find such old-abandoned buildings in South Korea, if there were any it may be because there was a problem in legal actions so the government couldn't demolish it right away.

Jungkook was getting closer to the last row of the rooms when he was finally able to hear the sound of people talking quietly.

Here. The room was the only one with a door that's working, because it was locked with the handle still intact. Someone was yell-whispering inside, with a banging sound followed almost every time he finished talking.

"Let me go, David." She pleaded with a very weary voice. The language she used was familiar, sounded a bit like Chinese. "I won't scream anymore, please. I won't call the police either. I won't."

"You would. You did!" He slammed her into the wall, ripping her shirt. Her head hit the wall, hard. "I told you we'd leave, peacefully. I tried so hard to resist myself from you, Liz, don't make it harder." He groaned.

"Stop." Jungkook stepped in as soon as he unlocked the door. The only lighting inside the room was from a weak lightbulb hanging with a very thin cable.

The man was very slender and wasted. Right away Jungkook could tell that this person was a foreigner. He dropped the woman as if she's not a person. "What's your business, Mister? Are we interrupting you?" He threatened him with a very broken Korean language.

Right when he walked towards Jungkook they could hear a lot of police cars parked outside with loud sirens in the middle of the night. As fast as a blink of an eye, the man left the scene.

"Excuse me, miss? Are you okay?" Jungkook held her shoulders. She's not moving. Her body was freezing. How long has she been here?

The cops were running and checking up the place all over, they looked so tense and panicked. The amount of police that came to his call looks a little excessive.

"Sir, is the lady okay?" One of the cops ran at him. Jungkook shook his head, he wasn't really sure. "Do you know her, Sir?"

Jungkook shook his head once again. He moved the hair that covers her face to confirm ut. He gasped.