Chapter 18

*Val POV*
The others went in first so I would be surprised and I waited patiently outside as I heard them getting everyone ready. Tanith peered her head out. "Come on!" She squealed, excitement in her eyes. I grinned as she placed her hands over my eyes, leading me inside. I could tell they had masked the sound in the room but as I called out my voice echoed. I frowned. I heard Tanith giggle as she opened the back door. As she took her hands off my eyes, straight away bright golden lights fogged my view. "HAPPY GRADUATION!" Everyone cheered. I blushed and laughed. "Thank you so much guys! I wouldn't have thought getting shunted here would have been the best thing that's ever happened to me!" I laughed. "Well, it's the least we can do! You have saved our asses more than 4 times!" Erskine laughed. Everyone joined in nodding. "Well, thank Skul for that one!" I grinned. Skulduggery laughed and once again, it still looked like everyone was surprised to see him laugh. "Nah, were a team!" At this everyone cheered and the party started. The backyard of Skulduggerys house was extravagant. White and golden lights cast a beautiful golden glow over the garden. Music was playing and sweet and tasty food was served. The garden was absolutely beautiful. 1 h through and 1/2 of the party people were drunk! They were making a fool of themselves but no one minded. It was hilarious. I started to feel a bit anxious about skulduggery. What would I do? I can't not tell him! O sighed and walked inside. No one noticed. I walked upstairs into Skulduggerys room and walked to his window. I hopped out and got on the roof. I sat on top gazing at the drunk dancers and party goers enjoying themselves. "Beautiful night eh?" A silky voice whispered. I jumped and turned, to see Skul sitting next to me. "You scared me!" I smiled. He laughed and I frowned. "How come whenever you laugh everyone looks surprised?" I asked. He paused. "So you did notice?" He questioned. "Wellll i am a detective..." I grinned. He sighed and continued. "Before I met you Val, my life was a mess. I had no reason to exist. I didn't see why I had to. I was in the same place as you. I tried to kill myself a few times but someone always saved me. I remember the first time I'd laughed in around 14years was in the sanctuary the first time I met you! Ghastly actually cried in joy!" He snorted. I stayed silent. "How come you never told me?" I whispered. He shrugged. "I'm....not sure." He admitted. I just nodded and hugged him close. "She's getting louder." I stated softly. He stiffened and sighed. "Keep pushing her down, I have a plan" he stated. I sighed as a tear slipped down my cheek. "I guess it's time I told you this to." He said with a sigh. "You've heard the story's of vile right? Yes, well when I came back from being, well, dead, I came back from anger. I became lord vile and once again I was in your shoes. I know exactly what it's like when they take over. You get pushed to the back of your mind like she is now. But you have to overpower her. I know you can!" He whispered. I didn't care he was vile. "Your still my best friend. I don't care if your vile!" I smiled. He laughed and hugged me tighter. I could stay in his embrace forever.