Chapter 10

*2 years later*
"VALKYRIE, GET HERE NOW!!" I heard Ghastly scream. I sighed, guessing they'd found something out. If obviously changed a lot. I had been doing heaps of training with Skul and Tanith. I had gone through so much an yet I found out something that could ruin my whole life. Someone named Darquess, everyone's looking for her.... But she me... I haven't told anyone yet, I mean I didn't want to kill the world! I can hear her in my head sometimes and she's slowly getting louder. I now had raven black hair. I guess I am pretty. I don't like to admit it but I think I'm actually in love with a skeleton. God, is that wrong? I frowned walking down the stairs, into the living room with Ghastly, Tanith and Skul all sitting glaring at me. "What. Are. These." Skulduggery says, eerily calmly. I swallow as I spot the box of blades that I hide beneath my bed." None of your business!" I snap. Tanith flinches and looks down. We'd grown really close and she was basically my sister. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN NONE OF OUR BUSINESS?!!" Ghastly yells. Tanith grabs his shoulder, giving him a firm glare. "What??! She knows it hurts everyone yet she still does it!! She's sick! I swear she enjoys our bloody pain!" Ghastly screamed. He froze, realising what he'd just said. Tears formed in my eyes as Tanith and Skul say shocked in silence. "Val, I didn't mean-" "SHUTUP I KNOW YOU DID" I scream back, sprinting out of the house. I run down the street to the sound of footsteps chasing me. "Valkyrie! Come back!" Tanith cries. I ignore them and sprint faster, running to the bridge down the road. (Idk just felt like there should be a bridge lol). I ran right of the edge, into the water. Lucky we were in a sorcerer village at the time otherwise a running Skeleton wouldn't look to good. I dove down, trying to stay under. I heard the splash as someone else entered the water. I felt bony hands grab me and haul me up. I felt to dizzy and confused to fight back as I was hauled out of the water onto the bridge. "Come on val! Breath! God dammit! Breath!" I heard Skul yell. "Call the sanctuary!" I heard Skul yell. I shot up, vomiting water everywhere. "No...don't.." I mumbled. I felt the water get lifted off me from skuls Magic and inwardly sighed in relief. The water was cold. "Valkyrie Cain! Don't ever do that again!" I heard skulduggery cry. Wait?! Skulduggery cry?! I've never heard him cry before. I mean he can't physically cry but he can still inwardly cry and make the sound. "Val, I'm so sorry! I was just worried about you! I didn't mean it, please forgive me" ghastly sobbed. I immediately enveloped him in a hug and nodded. I heard him break into a new round of sobs as he hugged me tighter. I know he thought of me as a daughter. God, I am so stupid! They were just worried! "I'm sorry, I just panicked...." I mumbled. I felt Skul pick me up and try to cradle me in his arms. "I can walk.." I said softly. He slowly nodded and let me down, gently. I stumbled slowly at first, but got my footing and we walked in silence back to skuls house. When we got there we all sat in the lounge room. "Valkyrie, have you been cutting again?" Tanith whispered. They knew now, all the dead men included. Eventually they wanted answers on how we acted so casually about me being here. I stopped cutting for a bit but I started again. I nod stiffly and I see skulduggery put his head in his hands. "Excuse me", he growls. He goes upstairs and moments later we can hear smashing and breaking coming from his room. He's definitely mad. Ghastly sighed. "Val, what have we talked about?! I thought you said you were going to talk to us if you felt like that?" He said frustrated. Shane never would care for me like this. I felt my intense gaze soften. " I'll make you a promise" I whispered. "Never leave me and I won't cut ever again" I murmured softly. They shared curious looks but eventually nodded. I remember spending the next hour apologising and watching movies with Tanith and Ghastly. Skul didn't come down  that night.
*ill update soon ! Xx