Chapter 7

*Valkyrie POV*
When we arrived at the shopping centre, we made our way inside quickly. Mainly because I wanted to get in and out as quick as possible. Skulduggery was in of course, a disguise. He had a large hat to hide his face, accompanied by sunglasses and a bi frizzy beard. He wore (of course) a suit with black gloves. As we walked the hallways we gained quizzical glances from by passers but Tanith and skul didn't seem to care. I did. I shrank back in discomfort as the curious people stared at me. Tanith noticed my discomfort and pulled me into her side. I felt safe at her side, and immediately relaxed. We walked into Ally's and me and Tanith looked through clothes while skul just followed. We picked out a few comfterble jeans and t-shirts before paying and leaving the store. "Are you hungry?" Tanith asked. "No thanks", I said casually. Skul elbowed Tanith and she looked like she caught on. "That's okay we'll get something anyway" she said, taking my hand and leading me to the food court."I'm gonna get McDonalds , what do you want Steph?" She asked. I just shrugged. "I'll pick something for you" and before I could object she walked to McDonald's. I sighed and sat down at one of the tables. Skul sat next to me calmly. We stayed in silence until Tanith returned. She handed me a chicken wrap and she sat down with her quarter pounder. I sighed in relief, thankful it wasn't a burger or something. I slowly ate, keeping my head down. I hated people watching me eat. When we had finished we walked through some more cloths shops. Just as we walked out of BigW, "Hang on, I'll be right back" skul said. We nodded after sharing confused looks as skul walked across the hallways into the crowd. We shrugged it off and continues looking.
After finding some nice shoes, me and Tanith sat down on a bench to wait for skulduggery. "What magic do you do?" I asked her. She smiled. "I'm an adept, it's reallllyyyy cool! I can walk on the roof and walls!" I smiled at how proud she sounded." What disciplines are there again?" I questioned. "Ok, there's elementals, necromancers, adepts and then theirs other stuff like vampires and zombies but he vampires don't sparkle" she laughed. I just looked at her gob smacked ."Vampires exist!!?" I whisper- yelled. She just nodded, grinning like a maniac. Just at that moment , a man cleared his throat. Skulduggery was standing there calmly with his hands behind his back. Before we could say anything he spoke. "I have a gift for a beautiful, young lady" He smiled. (I heard it in his voice) he pulled out a bouquet of orchids and Lily's. I gasped and started crying. He just wrapped me in a hug. "That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me!" I cried. He just laughed as we parted. I looked at Tanith excited, and she grinned back at me." Come on,let's get back!" She laughed. We walked out to the car and as we drove off, I hugged my flowers closer inhaling their sweet smell.