Chapter 9

*2 years later*

*Valkyrie POV*
"H-he told.. Me I wasn't ...good enough!" I cried, falling into skuls embrace. When me and skulduggery weren't doing a case I had to go to school, which sucked. I met this boy there named Riley and we started going out. Only problem was he cheated on me and then told me it was because "I wasn't good enough". Skulduggery hugged me tighter and whispered soothing things in my ear. "If anything, he's not good enough for you! By a bloody mile!" He snapped, upset. I continued to sob until 7:24pm. "Come on, let's get you to bed", Skul whispered. I mentally couldn't cope,so I physically could t move. This happened a lot when I got upset. Skul sighed and picked me up Bridal style, carrying me upstairs. He put me under my covers and tucked me in. "Goodnight Val,.... Try and get some sleep okay?.." He hugged me and slowly closed my door. I layed there for over 4h before giving up and walking to my window. I opened it quietly and stepped out into the roof. I didn't plan on doing anything, I just wanted some fresh air. I mean I did have the thought but I couldn't leave skulduggery. I sat down on the roof and layed back. I remember meeting The Dead Men for the first time. We got along really well and ghastly said when I am 18 I can be a Dead Man! They asked me why I shunted and I frowned. But Skul jumped to my rescue, saying we didn't know. Of course out of instinct I touched my wrists and Saracen and Dexter noticed. They gave me understanding looks, and when we went home they both hugged me tight. I found out that Tanith and Ghastly both loved each other but we're both to shy to do anything! I smiled at the memory of that phone call when I found out I had magic. Tears rolled down my face as I shakily stood. I looked down at the ground and closed my eyes. The gentle breeze tickled my cheeks as I stood still. "Please don't jump..." I sighed and turned around to Skul, tucking my head into his chest. "How long have you been there?" I mumbled. "Around 10m, since you started crying.." He said sadly. I sighed and just hugged home tighter." Come and sleep in my bed tonight?" He asked. I nodded and blushed. I still had a massive crush on him and it had grown over the years. He held my hand as we stepped off the roof into my room. I had my own room now, it was perfect. We walked into his room, and layed down in each others arms. I soon drifted off to sleep.

*Skulduggery POV*
"Come and sleep in my bed tonight?" I asked. I internally blushed. I know, it's so wrong to have a crush on her...i mean, for a start she's 13!! I'm over 350 and a bloody Skeleton! She wouldn't ever like me.... We snuggled down together as I started humming.