Chapter 14

*Skulduggery POV*
"What was what?" I asked, feigning innocence. Ghastlys face darkened. "Erkskine, close the door. I think it's time that skulduggery admitted to something that might I add, we already knew about!" He said , annoyed. My heart sunk to the floor. "What are you talking about?" I asked, slowly. Erskine walked back. "We figured it out as soon as you came back from that five years. I mean, it makes sense, doesn't it? Your anger bringing you back, turning you into lord vile. We forgave you years ago. We were waiting for you to own up. We knew you couldn't control it..."he trailed off as I literally face palmed. "All these years....." I muttered, annoyed and embarrassed. "Did you tell anyone?" I whispered. Ghastly shook his head. "Dead men don't tell secrets" he smiled. I quickly jumped up enveloping him in a hug. "I am so sorry!" I cried. He sighed. "I was mad for a while but.... I forgive you! Your my best friend!" He laughed. I sighed. "I cant get angry.. We need to find val" I stated. They both nodded as I got up and sprinted for the Bentley.

*Valkyrie POV*
I spat blood in the Vampires face. "Im not doing anything for you!" I spat. "Oh,you don't have a say!" He grinned, evilly. "You see, you have special blood. Blood from the ancients. You've fought a faceless one before....This is ...unique." He sighed. "I guess I'll have to cut this short. It's a shame, I was having fun!" He pouted. He bent down and pierced my flesh with his teeth. I gasped in pain as I felt the blood leave my body. "Get off her!" I heard someone growl. Dusk smiled and pulled away. "Why hello skulduggery! I must be going now!" And with that, before anyone could react he was already gone. I cried in pain as skulduggery picked me up and carried me to his car. Ghastly was in the drivers seat, Erskine in the passenger seat. As they saw my crumpled form, they gasped with worried looks on their faces. Skul laid me in back and put my head on his lap. "Valkyrie, stay with me!" He said, sternly. "I'll get....blood on the..Bentley" I wheezed out frowning. I saw ghastly smile in the front as we pulled up In front of the sanctuary. "I'm so sorry val.." Skul stuttered. "s'okay..." I mumbled. He grabbed me bridal style and carried me to the medical bay. "He bit me..." I muttered. Skul growled and sped up. When we walked in dr Nye turned around smiling. "Why hello, wha-" Skul held a gun to his head. "Skulduggery" Erskine warned. "Fix her" Skul snapped. Nye sighed and got to work. I remember skulduggery sitting next to my bed and taking my hand in his....