Chapter 1

In this story erskine isn't a traitor and he's still grand Mage. Ghastly is still alive!!
*Erskine POV*
Ring. Ring. Ring!
"I swear that bloody phones always going off.." I mumbled. "Hello?" I answered. "Uhhh.... I need skul...." Ghastly whispered. "Ummmm why??? And why didn't you just call him??" I complained. "Bloody hell!! Just get him over here! " he whisper screamed." Fine....Jesus..." I hung up and texted skul telling him to get fletcher to teleport him over to Ghastlys shop.
E:Hey ghastly needs you immediately
He replied with a simple 'Sure'. I wonder what the hells going on...

*Ghastlys POV*
One minute I was drawing in my room on a chair next to my bed and then suddenly this girl appeared in my bed. I jumped up in surprise but froze when I saw her face. She was a small girl about 11 and she was extremely skinny, like it looked like a gust of wind would snap her. She had this really pale face with this raven black hair and she looked like she was finally happy. I slowly walked over to her, but paused and decided to wait for skulduggery to et here. Ravel had better of called him....

*skulduggery POV*
My mind was blank. It has been for the past few years. Everyone's getting worried but no ones knows why I'm acting like this. I just feel like I don't deserve a 'life' anymore. I don't want to live anymore. Ghastly probably needed help getting fabric from his house or something like that.

As I pulled up outside Ghastlys house. I felt someone else in the house. I sprinted upstairs afraid ghastly was in trouble but wasn't expecting to see a girl in his bed. I gave him a confused look ( as much as a skeleton can but he got the gist) and he just grabbed his drawing pad. She just appeared in my bed! I swear!he wrote. I nodded stiffly. I paused for a second Hang on is that...blood I smell?? At this thought I tore the bed sheets off to reveal the small girl lying on the bed....with her wrists slit open. I panicked. " Call the sanctuary! Get Kenspeckle over here!!" I yelled. He nodded and ran downstairs to the home phone. I grabbed her wrists and tore two bits of bed sheet off to put pressure on her wrists. Through the sheets I could still feel her pulse and I sighed in relief. As I looked at her pale face, a tear rolled down her cheek,many tears followed. "Shhhhhh.......it's going to be okay..." I murmured. I heard cars outside and nurses and Kenspeckle walked into the room. "Move skeleton, let me see her". I reluctantly let go of her as he examined her. He pulled out a white leaf from his bag and opened her mouth. He stuffed the leaf in and she started to chew. Her wrists started to heal and soon there was just long scars along her arms. " She's  asleep, carry her downstairs into my car and meet me at the sanctuary" he said looking sternly into my eye sockets. I nodded and walked slowly downstairs after him.