chap 24 Green Fire

Start from the beginning

Popping open your closet she looked through your wardrobe. "So many pretty, pretty, little things. As a pet should be kept. With nice things. Right? Just want the best for them."

Loki looked through your drawers, closet, bathroom, every single place she could stick her nose in.

"Just want to know."

Poseidon interrupted the nosy Woman.

"Loki."

He stood behind her towering her like an ant.

"If."

His hand closed rightly on her neck lifting her up.

"This is the real Loki."

Sitting up you cleared your throat, unable to speak. Hermes appeared beside you taking your hand in his while resting the other behind your back supporting you.

"Yes." You choked out.

Poseidon turned, dropping Loki to the floor. Leaving her to catch her breath. Sitting beside you Loki watched just how tender Poseidon was with you. The look in his eyes was all Loki needed to know.

"It is true. The human pet has become ill. We have rumored it to be poison. For my own defense, i was looking around the room to look for anything." Her eyes landed on Hermes.

"Anything that looked out of place."

Such a snake-like smile Hermes held.

"Poison?" Hermes interrupted feeling Loki's eyes on him.

"Who would make such rumors?"

Hermes asked, keeping his composure.

Not long ago you did tell Poseidon how people didn't like you. Yet you defended his subjects. Not this time. He wants them all gone. New servants shall be chosen for you and him.

"If this is true." His fingers caressed your cheek. His touch was nice. Hermes pulled you back to rest your head on the pillow. Poseidon glared at Hermes.

"She needs rest." Hermes said calmly lifting the covers up to your chin.

"She's my wife Hermes."

"She is ill. I was made responsible for her well being."

Poseidon attempted to keep his temper in check. Seeing Hermes growing closer to you. Aiding you better than Poseidon.

"She doesn't need your comfort, Hermes." Poseidon looked back at Loki. "Who spread rumors of the poison?"

Hermes glanced at Loki who kept her eyes on him. She was silent before responding. "Hmm? Sorry I can't recall. Been so many places. So many people."

Scratching the back of her head she disappeared behind the pillar of your bed frame.

"Leave us." Poseidon commanded Hermes.

"She's not to be bedded." Hermes said without a second thought. Not sure why he even said something so quickly and defensive.

Keeping his back turned to Hermes.

"Leave." He said more sternly.

Hermes looked down at you caressing your forehead. "I'll see to this rumor." Hermes bowed to Poseidon and disappeared.

"My love." Poseidon tenderly pecked kisses around your face. Holding your hand in his seeing you struggle to breathe. Humans can be so fragile.

"My y/n. You are strong. I am here y/n." Opening your eyes the vision was so blurry. Seeing those Blue eyes of his.

No words could be said, your throat was stripped. "It's alright."

Reaching out to touch his face, your warming smile despite your state. "I want to hear your voice, my y/n. I understand I've done wrong to you. Taken from you. This is not my favorite subject to bring up. Do you hate me y/n?"

Caressing his cheeks seeing how much of a child he was. To expose this vulnerable side of himself. Shaking your head side to side with tears, you smiled brightly.

The relief.

Hearing a deep breath leave his lungs as he leaned in kissing your forehead, keeping back his own tears. Just one that escaped to land on your cheek. Poseidon, shed a tear...

Being this sick and weak. Didn't sicken him or made you seem less. "Please get well my y/n. We still have a lot to do. There's a promise to keep. Don't make me break it y/n. Don't die. You die, there's no bringing you back. My brother will not bring you back... "

In The past Poseidon was the reason for your deaths. Accidentally hurting you. Breaking bones.

Poseidon would always go back to the underworld to retrieve your soul. It was a nightmare. To die and be brought back only to die again. By the hand of someone who claimed to love you.

Hades saw through this. Felt pity for you. More than that he loves his brother Poseidon. But he can't keep letting his brother get away with such things. As punishment. If you were to die. You are gone for good.

You have no soul. Wherever it is, Poseidon wants to find it. Find his wife's soul. Make you whole. Make you complete.

---
Holding you close to his chest letting you sleep. All he could think of is where your soul could have been. If this sickness takes you. Take the one thing that has made him change. Stabilized his life. The one woman that had attempted to kill him countless times. The woman he hurt...

"Poseidon." You said in his chest.

"Yes." He quietly responded. "Make love to me." You smiled looking up at him.

Straddling his waist as it you were fine. "My, y/n." He felt you slide him inside you. Groaning his hands hovered over you waist restraining himself from holding your hips.

Sliding your silk fingers against his arms brought that electric feeling again.
"Don't be afraid my king." Moaning in pleasure the words. Poseidon wanted to hear more. To hear that sweet voice of yours gasping of pleasure.

Leading his hands to your waist he was nervous but firmly held your hips.
"You won hurt me..." Leaning in nipping his lip. "You don't want to lose me. They are already taking me away from you."

The sting in his lip woke him up to find you still asleep in his chest. Quickly wrapping his arms around you examining you for anything unusual. You are fine.

No one else is in this room.
That panicking fear. To lose you. They are already taking you. Who is they. How are taking you when you are here sick in bed...
----

"The dreams. They make him mad."
Loki asked Hermes who seemed to be kept in thought. Gloomed.

"What intentions do you have with y/n?" Hermes asked.

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all."
The smile he held said much more.
"I wouldn't say there was no tension between you and Poisdeons wife." Loki taunted Hermes.

Hermes just smiled as he walked away from Loki.