Chapter 5 End Of The World

Start from the beginning

Shinn: Them again?!

Lunamaria: We'll get those three!

Athrun: Those Mobile Suits are not our objective!

Lunamaria: I know that! But unless we get rid of them we can't complete the mission!

Understanding their urgency, Shinn ignored what was being said and opened fire at the three units as a means to distract them from the drilling teams. They were now closer to the surface of Junius Seven. Abyss began chasing after Impulse, attempting to cut him down with that familiar scythe of his. Quickly dodging, Impulse began returning fire.

Nhazul noticed Lunamaria and Athrun each taking on one of the other units, forcing their attention away from the drilling team which under cover from himself and Rey, who continued with their objective. With their Mobile suits upright in place they could activate it and send it down into the rocks of Junius Seven where it would be set off using a timer.

The explosion would then cause the surface the crack and split and if lucky it would split Junius Seven to small enough pieces that would burn up when it would descent into the atmosphere. Or at least that was the ideal scenario.

Of the drills send out many were being destroyed by the enemy GINN's and the team led by commander Joule was steadily losing pilots as they desperately tried to get the Meteor Breakers to work. They were running out of time.

The drill teams have to be protected, the drills have to be send down and Junius Seven has to break up in as many pieces possible. They had to protect Earth.

The enemy GINN forces that tried to stop them were turning desperate, which Nhazul noticed, they wouldn't give up no matter what damage their Mobile Suits received. Each going as far as dying to prevent the drills from going down.

A loud rumble interrupted their fighting and a bright light illuminated the battlefield when one of the more crucial bombs set off. Gradually a large crack formed over the surface of Junius Seven and split the large plane into two pieces. Chaos, as well as the other units stopped fighting in this confusion, perhaps now they finally understood that they weren't the bad guys.

Everyone froze up and watched the separation of the two pieces, but it still wasn't enough. A piece this large would still cause a lot of damage to the surface. Athrun opened the comm channel used for both his own squad as well as the drilling team and ended the momentum.

Athrun: What are you waiting for! We're not done yet, we need to break it into smaller pieces!

ZAKU quickly chased another team flying in with a new Meteor Breaker and was greeted by familiar voices.

Dearka: Athrun, is that you?

Yzak: You bastard! The hell are you doing here?!

Athrun: That's unimportant now, we must continue our mission!

Yzak acknowledged his saying bitterly.

Yzak: R-Right, I know that!

As if in perfect sync they moved through the battlefield, getting rid of any enemy that was unfortunate enough to get in their way with such ease that it actually frightened them off for the most part.

Athrun would sweep in and take out their weapons while Yzak got up close and used a polearm to disable the enemy. With elegance they moved like fish in a pot. Dearka meanwhile focussed on getting the Meteor Breaker in place.

One of their prior enemies decided to get involved, Abyss narrowly missed hitting the drill with its specialized beams. Sabre chasing it and proceeded to push it back. Seeing this, Athrun spoke up.